Topic: HELP Error data/gallerydata.txt file is corrupted, see user manual

Hi I been using svmanger and JuiceBox pro for more than one year without problem , working like charm and very satisfy about the script but unfortunately yesterday I wanted to upload some gallery and I receive this error message ( Error data/gallerydata.txt file is corrupted, see user manual (galleryset.php, line 104) i been looking around the forum but i couldn't find a solution to fix the problem .

My gallery are still working but when I access to the admin I have this message.
I also want to try replicate the problem on localhost to see if i could fix it but I have another problem , in the beginning at first install I change the path of the gallery ( as indicated on this post  http://www.simpleviewer.net/forum/viewt … ?id=16458) so now if i want import the gallery ( with import function ) I have :

Import Gallery
Import to:    /gallery/svmanager/
Import from:    /gallery/svmanager/

So in my case I should have the  import to : /gallery/svmanager/mygallery but i dont know how to edit this value , I would really appreciate if someone can advice on both problem I face it .

ThX in advance
Stefano

Re: HELP Error data/gallerydata.txt file is corrupted, see user manual

stefanoste wrote:

Hi I been using svmanger and JuiceBox pro for more than one year without problem , working like charm and very satisfy about the script but unfortunately yesterday I wanted to upload some gallery and I receive this error message ( Error data/gallerydata.txt file is corrupted, see user manual (galleryset.php, line 104) i been looking around the forum but i couldn't find a solution to fix the problem .

My gallery are still working but when I access to the admin I have this message.
I also want to try replicate the problem on localhost to see if i could fix it but I have another problem , in the beginning at first install I change the path of the gallery ( as indicated on this post  http://www.simpleviewer.net/forum/viewt … ?id=16458) so now if i want import the gallery ( with import function ) I have :

Import Gallery
Import to:    /gallery/svmanager/
Import from:    /gallery/svmanager/

So in my case I should have the  import to : /gallery/svmanager/mygallery but i dont know how to edit this value , I would really appreciate if someone can advice on both problem I face it .

ThX in advance
Stefano

Ok I found the problem , so I will in case somebody else incur in the same trouble can may solve in the way I did it , for unknown reason the file gallerydata.txt and galleriesprefs.txt inside the data folder was blank  , from my previously backup I recover both file and I was able to login again inside the admin panel .
After that , once inside the admin panel I notice the error message :

Warning: could not save gallery data to data/gallerydata.txt (galleryset.php, line 292)
    Notice: could not save gallery preferences to data/galleriesprefs.txt
    Notice: could not save gallery preferences to data/galleriesprefs.txt
    Warning: could not save gallery data to data/gallerydata.txt (galleryset.php, line 292)

which should be related to the file permissions , so i download from http://www.simpleviewer.net/svmanager/s … fileerrors the svManager Server Compatibility Test and restore the file permission as indicated on the info page ( in my case the 0755 for folder and 0644 for files was not enough so I setting all the file and folder to 777)
I still facing the problem with the Import Gallery

Import to:    /gallery/svmanager/ change to /gallery/svmanager/mygallery I would so much appreciates some advice on this matter .

THX

Re: HELP Error data/gallerydata.txt file is corrupted, see user manual

Can you import to /gallery/svmanager/ and then move to /gallery/svmanager/mygallery?

I don't think there is an easy way to import directly to the mygallery folder in one step.

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.