Topic: browser page title; showing mobile captions; non-crop thumbnails; etc

Hello. I have a Simpleviewer Pro (2.2.0) gallery set up at: http://www.deviemusic.com/available-art . I'd like help with a few things:

1) As I paid for the PRO version, I want to have the browser display my gallery title, NOT "SimpleViewer Gallery." Even though I've entered a unique gallery title in the .xml file, the browsers are displaying (at the top of the browser & in the tab-title) "SimpleViewer Gallery" instead of my designated title. (The generic "SimpleViewer Gallery" also comes up as the title of the page when sharing on facebook.) How do I change that to my own page title? (No need to advertise SimpleViewer since I've paid for it.)

2) The captions don't show up on apple mobile devices even though I set 'mobileShowCaption="TRUE"'. How do I get the full captions (not just title) to show on those mobile devices?

3) Is there way to have non-cropped thumbnails? (Some of my images are text-centric, so the text getting cropped is particularly annoying.)

4) Can I enable the "open image in new window" button for Full-Screen mode?

5) I have an enabled-link in all my captions. Is there a way for clicking that link in Full-Screen mode to take the viewer out of full-screen mode, so they can view the opened link more readily?

Thanks for your help!  big_smile

Last edited by dvm1 (2013-10-15 22:34:43)

Re: browser page title; showing mobile captions; non-crop thumbnails; etc

(1) Open your gallery's 'index.html' file in a plain text editor and change the text within the <title> ... </title> tags.

Please upgrade your version of SimpleViewer-Pro from v2.2.0 to the latest version (v2.3.1).
svBuilder-Pro v2.3.1 no longer uses the text 'SimpleViewer Gallery' for the browser title and, instead, uses the gallery title.
Instructions for upgrading SimpleViewer-Pro can be found here:.
For a list of changes, please see the Version History.

(2) The Mobile Player displays only the Flickr title and not the Flickr description. This cannot be changed.
The Mobile Player was designed as a fallback for mobile devices and browsers which do not have Adobe Flash Player installed and enabled and, as such, is not as customizable as the Flash Player.
If you are looking for a gallery which features a more customizable display on mobile devices, you might like to take a look at another one of our products: Juicebox.
For more information about the differences between SimpleViewer and Juicebox (and for details on how, as a SimpleViewer-Pro user, you can get a discount off the cost of Juicebox-Pro), please see this news article.

(3) SimpleViewer scales thumbnails to fill (rather than to fit) the thumbnail dimensions set via the thumbWidth and thumbHeight configuration options. One possible solution would be to create custom thumbnails in an imaging program such as Adobe Photoshop and then replace the thumbnails in your gallery's 'thumbs' folder with your custom set.

(4) No. The Open Button is automatically disabled in Full Screen mode.

(5) No. Links in captions are still active and new browser tabs/windows will be opened (behind the gallery) but the user must exit fullscreen mode manually.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks for your help.

Re:

(1) - When I open the index.html (via cyberduck FTP) in TextEdit, it is *completely blank.* ... ?? Should I ADD in <title> [my title] </title> to that blank document??

(I will ask my webmaster to upgrade, but I'm not sure how long that will take, and I'd like to get the title remedied asap.)

(3) I don't have Photoshop and will not go through the process of making custom thumbnails. (And I've set the thumbWidth/Height to how I want it already.) --- Are there any other simpler options for having non-cropped thumbnails?

Last edited by dvm1 (2013-10-15 22:35:09)

(1) TextEdit renders HTML by default. Make sure that TextEdit is in Plain Text mode so that you can see the code on your page and change it. Please see this web page for details.

(3) Unfortunately not.

Steven Speirs

Thank you for your help and speedy responses - I appreciate it!

Be well

Last edited by dvm1 (2013-10-15 22:35:30)

Just a further point with regard to the cropped thumbnails issue...
If all your images have the same dimensions as each other, then you can ensure that the thumbnails will not be cropped by setting thumbWidth and thumbHeight so that the thumbnails have the same aspect ratio as the images themselves.

Steven Speirs

Thank you. My images are definitely wide-ranging in terms of differences of dimensions and aspect ratios, so I'm going to assume it's not worth my while to try playing with that.