Topic: Upgrading NextGEN -> error "No images specified in gallery XML"

Yesterday I upgraded the NextGEN gallery plugin to version 2.0.30. Today I noticed that the WP-Simpleviewer galleries were not working, despite working fine before (see http://inmagicland.com). The error I got is "No images specified in gallery XML", right in the middle of the gallery box that displayed in black, with no images. I downgraded the NextGEN gallery to 2.0.27, and everything returned to normal. I suspect that NextGEN have changed something in the latest version (or perhaps one or two previous) that is not compatible with the way Simpleviewer works?

Re: Upgrading NextGEN -> error "No images specified in gallery XML"

I cannot replicate this behavior. I created a gallery with NextGEN Gallery v2.0.30 and the images display fine in a SimpleViewer gallery created with WP-SimpleViewer v2.3.2.1.
Having said that, there have been many reported problems since the release of NextGEN Gallery v2.0 and 9 versions have been released in the last 7 weeks in an effort to fix the bugs. Take a look at the NextGEN Gallery Changelog and Support forum.
Unfortunately, I do not know the cause of your problem (being that I cannot replicate it myself) but hopefully things will settle down soon. In the meantime, it might be wise to stick with a version that works for you.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks for looking into this, I guess I will indeed stay with the current version of NextGEN, and try to update again in a few months.

I suspect you may not have to wait too long for the next version of NextGEN Gallery to be released.
Hopefully it will solve your problem.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.