Topic: 3:2 image ratio pictures

Does the viewer support 3:2 aspect ratio images or only 4:3 ?
I tried the program with pictures taken with a digital SLR camera, the pictures were cropped. Is there any way to change the viewer size and the thumbnail size to match 3:2 ratio ?

Re: 3:2 image ratio pictures

SimpleViewer will display images of any aspect ratio. The image display area is square to allow for displaying both wide and tall images in the same gallery. Thumbnail images are automatically cropped by SimpleViewer to fit the square thumbnail area.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

sorry top up such an old post, but I got the same problem : my 3:2 pictures from my SLR are cropped to 4:3, no matter if they are portrait /paysage

any idea on the bug origin / way to fix it?

whats the URL? (remove dots from the URL if you have problems posting)

Felix Turner

underwork, but here you can see:

trollspirit dot com/index dot php?module=galleries&page=bouh

if you click to see the image in another window, you'll see the missing 150px on the bottom or right.

That URL gives me an 'Gallerie inconnue' error message.

Felix Turner

Hi, I have the same problem with my gallery.

Original ratio is 2/3 (3888*2592) and it keeps displaying it at a kind of 9/10 (480*433) ratio.

I have tested with a smaller resolution (1024*682) and it works.

So, there is a image size and ratio issue.

Thanks.

Original ratio is 2/3 (3888*2592) and it keeps displaying it at a kind of 9/10 (480*433) ratio.

What's the URL?

By default SimpleViewer will reduce the size of your images to fit the browser window while respecting aspect ratio. SimpleViewer-Pro allows you to disable image resizing via the 'enableImageDownScaling' AS option

Felix Turner