Topic: Please Help - Very Lost

Hi Forum
Please could you kindly assist as I am totally lost. I do not have much experience with HTML etc and just build my websites using Dreamweaver and simply add text / images etc using tables on each page
I have successfully created my svbuilder and it is now saved on my desk top in a folder.

I then copied the supplied code into my page (seen at the bottom) - http://www.vassilikiholidays.com/restaurants.htm

But I am very stuck here. It says in Help  “Copy the entire contents of your SimpleViewer gallery folder into the folder that contains your HTML page.” But I do not know what this means or how / what / where to do. I have experimented trying many things for many hours but can’t get anything to work at all. The Folder on my desktop contains subfolders images, svcore, thumbs, gallery xml document and index. When I open the index from my desktop everything works perfectly. But how do I transfer the necessary to my Dreamweaver?

Please could you kindly advise further

Many thanks
Tony

Re: Please Help - Very Lost

Sorry - I just realised I posted the above in the wrong place. I do not have the Pro version but the SimpleViewer v2. Apologies

In order for your gallery to display in your web page, you will need to upload the contents of your gallery folder (the 'images', 'thumbs' and 'svcore' folders and the 'gallery.xml' file) to the root of your web space (in the same directory as your 'restaurants.htm' file).

You might find it easier to use the baseURL method of embedding as documented here.
It allows you to upload your entire gallery folder (not just the contents) to your web site which may help keep things organized. Also, it does not matter where on your web server you upload your gallery folder to as long as the two paths within the embedding code (the path to the 'simpleviewer.js' file and the baseURL itself) are correct.

When it comes to uploading files and folders to your web site, you might find it easier to use a dedicated FTP program such as Filezilla rather than try to organize everything within Dreamweaver.

Sorry - I just realised I posted the above in the wrong place. I do not have the Pro version but the SimpleViewer v2. Apologies

No problem. I have moved the thread into the appropriate forum.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Hi Steve

Thank you very much - gratefully appreciated. I have managed to get it to work but I now have an additional problem and would appreciate further assistance please. If you have a look at http://www.vassilikiholidays.com/restaurants.htm you will see there is a massive black border around the gallery.

Please could you kindly advise how I can reduce this.

Thanks hugely
Tony

I managed to sort the problem out. In the embedded code I noticed there were two values set at 100% each. I reduced these and the huge black background reduced accordingly.  smile Very happy with your product

That's great!
Thank you for posting back to let me know.

When setting your gallery's height as a percentage, it is necessary to ensure that all parent containers of your gallery have heights specified via CSS (otherwise Juicebox will not be able to calculate what the actual height of the gallery should be). It may also be necessary to implement the suggestion in the 'Using Percentage Heights' note here.

An alternative solution (as you have discovered) is simply to set your gallery's height to a fixed pixel value (rather than a percentage).

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.