Topic: Captions not working

Hi, I downloaded svBuilder-Pro via a link on Adobe Lightroom.  At first it seemed to be a great program but he more I have been using it the more buggy it has become.  I need to have the image name/number displayed on each picture and I cannot get the caption to show.  I have tried many different combinations including viewing it on Firefox and IE.  What am I doing wrong?  All I want is a simple page--main image with a single row of thumbnails on the bottom.  Have tried floating, fixed, minimal--all the expected options...  Help!

Re: Captions not working

First of all, please make sure that you are using the most recent version of svBuilder-Pro (v2.3.1) to ensure that any bugs that were present in previous versions but which have since been fixed are not contributing to your problem.
You can check which version you are using by going to 'Help -> About svBuilder-Pro...' from the drop-down menu at the top.
If necessary, please see the Upgrading SimpleViewer-Pro page for instructions on how to get the latest version.

It sounds like you may be using a combination of configuration options which are either rendering the captions invisible or pushing the captions off the stage.
The following configuration options should allow your gallery to have a single row of thumbnails below the main image and have the captions visible.

thumbPosition="BOTTOM"
thumbColumns="6"
thumbRows="1"
captionPosition="BOTTOM"
floatCaption="false"
captionHeight="100"
captionBackOpacity="0"

To have the file names used as the captions for each image, go to 'Images -> Captions -> Use File Name' from the drop-down menu at the top.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Yes, I have the latest version.  I have tried numerous preset settings--Classic, Compact, Minimal, Modern, Times.  I have saved variations with these variation--with and without flash.  The preview in the 'Customize' mode always looks good, but when I 'Publish' it never looks the same--and I try opening it in IE, Firefox, or Chrome--and it never looks the same.  I have been wasting hours trying to get it to work and I am giving up.  Far from 'Simple'! 

What do I have to do to get refunded my $45?  You can have your program back.

Please check your email. I have sent you a message.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.