Topic: Captions only fitting width of image

I am making many slideshows where the titles vary in length greatly. The problem I am having is on a portrait photo the caption is cut off, despite the caption width area being designated as longer. Is this a big, or am I missing something? Thank you.

Re: Captions only fitting width of image

The captionWidth configuration option is used only when captionPosition="LEFT" or captionPosition="RIGHT". Perhaps you could increase the captionHeight instead to accommodate your long captions or reposition your caption area in your gallery using captionPosition.
For reference, a list of the available Caption Options can be found here.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

I tried the left and right option, but it simply aligned it left or right, it did not fit to the width of what was set for the caption. It still remained dependent on the width of the photo, not the gallery or setting.

I have temporarily made the height larger to accommodate, but I am updating gallery of students' work for a University and would prefer consistency. Surely there is a way to allow the width of the caption to be independent of each individual image. If not, can I please request this feature?

The caption area will span the entire width of the stage if you set thumbPosition="TOP" or thumbPosition="BOTTOM" in conjunction with captionPosition="TOP" or captionPosition="BOTTOM" and floatCaption="FALSE".

Otherwise, you could set the position and size of your gallery's caption area using a Fixed Layout.

You might like to take a look at the SimpleViewer-Pro Layout Guide to see how elements within a gallery are positioned and interact with each other.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.