Topic: Difficulty Embedding SimpleViewer Code in HTML Page

Hi:

I have built a portfolio using SimpleViewer and I would like to embe the code into an existing HTML webpage.

I have inserted the following code:

<iframe src="index.html" width="960" height="960" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>.

The width of my webpage is 960 pixels.

When the embedded code renders in myy existing html page, the main image appears smaller in landscape orientation.  However, it appears normal sized in portrait orientation.  This discrepancy appears when I compare the embedded code to the published gallery generated from svBuilder-Pro.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Grayson

Re: Difficulty Embedding SimpleViewer Code in HTML Page

Your gallery's dimensions are square (it is loaded into a 960px x 960px iframe) but with thumbnails to the left or right of the main image, your gallery's image area will be rectangular in shape and portrait-style, better suited to displaying portrait images than landscape. As long as your images are large enough and imageScaleMode is set to SCALE or SCALE_UP, then your landscape images will still be displayed as large as possible within the image area. For them to be displayed any larger, cropping would have to occur.

Possible solutions to your problem:
(1) Check that your gallery's maxImageWidth and maxImageHeight are not set too low.
(2) If using imageScaleMode="SCALE", make sure that your main images are large enough that they would need to be scaled down to fit within the image area. Otherwise, set imageScaleMode="SCALE_UP" to ensure that small images are scaled up.
(3) Set imageScaleMode="FILL" to completely fill the image area with your main images. (Please note that cropping will occur if the aspect ratio of the image area does not match that of your main images.)
(4) Change the dimensions of your gallery (either increase the gallery width or decrease the gallery height) so that the image area itself is square which would allow portrait and landscape images to be displayed at the same size.

If you continue to experience difficulties, please post the URL to your gallery so that I can take a look and help further.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Hi Steven:

Thanks for the replies.

It appears that the total width of the image plus thumbnails (in landscape mode) was greater than the width of the container.  Thus the landscape images were resized, but the portrait images were not.  Once I resized the landscape images down and did not use rescaling, both landscape and portrait images were fine .

Now that I have my portfolio set-up and formatted to my liking, is there an easy way to use this portfolio as a template for other portfolios (same parameters, colour schemes, image sizes, etc., but different images)?

Thanks,

Grayson

Now that I have my portfolio set-up and formatted to my liking, is there an easy way to use this portfolio as a template for other portfolios (same parameters, colour schemes, image sizes, etc., but different images)?

If you create your gallery using svBuilder-Pro, you can save your gallery's configuration options as a 'preset'. You can then apply the 'preset' configuration options to other galleries quickly and easily.
Please see the Presets section of the svBuilder-Pro User Guide for more information.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.