Topic: No images specified in gallery XML on iPad & iPhone

Hi there,

I have the most up to date version of SimpleViewer Pro (just purchased it online yesterday).

The gallery in my website works perfectly find on my PC and laptop, however it does not work on iPads or iPhones or Samsung Gallery S4 phones.

The error message is "No images specified in gallery XML

The link to the gallery of my website is http://jimmydance.com/gallery.html

The svcore, images and thumbs folders + the gallery.xml files are in the correct spot in my html public folder, as per the instructions on sv.net

Can someone please see what is wrong and advise me how to go about fixing this?

Last edited by gxmichael (2013-11-13 22:23:35)

Re: No images specified in gallery XML on iPad & iPhone

I have viewed your gallery in Chrome 30 and Mobile Safari on an iPod Touch 4 and your gallery displays and functions correctly in both browsers.
I have also taken a look at your gallery files on your web server and everything looks to be in order.
If you have made any changes to your gallery recently, try clearing your browser's cache before reloading your gallery to ensure that your browser is fetching and using the most recent versions of your gallery files from your web server.

Also, if your mobile devices are using a 3G connection rather than wi-fi, please see this FAQ:
Why can't I view my gallery on a 3G mobile connection?

If you think that this might be a contributing factor, a possible solution would be to create an .htaccess file containing the following code and upload it to your website's root directory. (Please note that this requires an Apache web server.)

<IfModule mod_headers.c>
Header set Cache-Control "no-transform"
</IfModule>

This should prevent content modification on your site when visitors view your galleries over a 3G connection.
You could also contact your 3G provider to see if it is possible for content modification to be turned off on your account (although this will help only when you view other people's galleries and will not solve the problem of other people viewing your own galleries over their own 3G connections, which the solution above tackles).

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Help!

My computer died and I can't find the version and my product key.
Is there any way to retrieve them?

SimpleViewer-Pro does not require or use a product key. All you need is the SimpleViewer-Pro zip file.
If you no longer have the zip file, you can download a fresh copy using the link from your purchase email.
If you cannot find your purchase email (or your link has expired), then please fill in the Upgrade Request Form (to the best of your ability) and the admin team will send you a new link.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.