Topic: [SOLVED] Gallery XML Not Found

Alright, I know there's been a handful of topics about this on here, so I apologize in advance for posting yet ANOTHER one.  But, I've tried a handful of fixes and can't quite seem to get it working  sad

I have a SimpleViewer gallery located here: … index.html

The gallery is embedded on this page: … llery.html.  I used an iframe code. 

Now, for whatever reason, I get an error message on IE8 ONLY saying "Gallery XML Not Found."  I added in a flashvars.galleryURL code to try and ID the gallery.xml file.  I also edited the gallery.xml file to incorporate full URLs in it for Images and Thumbs. 

I'm not sure why IE8 is the only problem child here, but it's weird and frustrating. 

Any and all help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Re: [SOLVED] Gallery XML Not Found

For those coders out there, here is what I have for my gallery's index.html page:

<title>SimpleViewer Gallery</title>

<script type="text/javascript" src="svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    var flashvars={};
    simpleviewer.ready(function () {
    simpleviewer.load('sv-container', '100%', '100%', '222222', true, flashvars);
    <div id="sv-container"></div>

I have a feeling it has to do with the fact that you are loading an SSL page (your gallery) into an iframe on a non SSL page.
You could try changing your IE8 browser's security settings to see if this helps but, having done a web search with terms 'iframe ssl ie8', I see other people with similar problems and, unfortunately, I have not found a solution.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Hey Steven,

This makes a lot of sense, actually.  Our site's consistently had issues with IE8, and I guess it's some of our internal security settings.  Working for Siemens, a LOT of our web content is secured over and over and over.

I'm going to try and move the gallery onto a non-secured domain and see if that works.  Now, to buy a test domain  wink

I'll let you know how it goes.  Thank you so very much for your help, Steven!  Truly wonderful service from you guys.

Hey Steven,

So I went ahead and put the gallery on a non-SSL page, and voila we have liftoff! Very nice catch - that was fantastic. 

You can check out the new location of the gallery here (on a very test domain  cool):

I tested this out about 12,000 times on IE8, and it works perfectly.  I'm going to go on the record and say that IE8 is the bane of my existence, haha.