Topic: Installation problems with OSX 10.9 (Mavericks)

I bought the SimpleViewer Pro version in 2011 and have used it so far without problems on my windows PC. Now I switched to a new Mac Book Pro running 10.9 Mavericks and cannot install the progi in the mac. I have re-downloaded from the original link and unzipped the zip file. When double clicking on the file svBuilder-Pro.air it askes me "please choose an installation package". Before that I have downloaded and installed the latest Adobe AIR 3.9. What can I do?

Re: Installation problems with OSX 10.9 (Mavericks)

aaarg...I found it!

one must run first the adobe air application and then select the svbuilder-pro.air file to install it!
Maybe a good idea to add this to the installation instructions of simple viewer!

Re: Installation problems with OSX 10.9 (Mavericks)

After installing Adobe AIR, .air files should automatically be associated with the AIR installer so double-clicking the 'svBuilder-Pro.air' file should be all that you need to do to install the application. Ordinarily, it should not be necessary to point your system towards Adobe AIR manually.
However, I am glad that you have successfully been able to install svBuilder-Pro.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.