Topic: SimpleViewerPro and WordPress

Hello. I just purchased simple viewer pro ver 2.3.1 and the adobe air application makes perfect sense. I have created my gallery and saved the files to a folder. My question is how do I get this gallery posted on my wordpress page. I have searched the forums but nothing I do works. I have uploaded the generated folder to my wordpress ftp and still nothing. When I post the generated HTML in a page it just appears as text. I have also tried the simple viewer app for wordpress and the first time I inserted it into a page it worked but I soon found it was adding all the images from my media gallery which I didn't want. After trying to edit it to display the images I wanted i was prompted with no images found in gallery xml. I have then opened the gallery xml file in text edit but I do not see where I am to enter the url for the image file. So to sum it up Im pretty frustrated and I would like the pro version I purchased to work. I would like to create my gallery in simple viewer pro and then display that gallery on a page in my wordpress blog hosted by blue host. I would like to be able to add several galleries to the same page so one would be titled 4x5 Format and one would be titled Panoramic Format and so on. Please help me understand the path to take to make this happen

Re: SimpleViewerPro and WordPress

My question is how do I get this gallery posted on my wordpress page.

You can follow this procedure.
(1) Create a gallery using svBuilder-Pro.
(2) Upload the complete gallery folder (not just the contents) to your web server using an FTP program such as Filezilla.
(3) Embed the gallery in your WordPress page or post using the baseURL method of embedding documented here.

It does not matter where on your web server you upload your gallery folder to as long as the two paths within the baseURL embedding code (the path to the 'simpleviewer.js' file and the baseURL itself) are correct.

When I post the generated HTML in a page it just appears as text.

Make sure that when you enter the embedding code into the body of your page or post, the method of entry is 'Text' rather than 'Visual'. (It sounds like you may have inserted the embedding code in 'Visual' mode.)

I have also tried the simple viewer app for wordpress and the first time I inserted it into a page it worked but I soon found it was adding all the images from my media gallery which I didn't want.

Each gallery created by WP-SimpleViewer displays only Media Library images attached to the post containing the gallery.

After trying to edit it to display the images I wanted i was prompted with no images found in gallery xml.

XML files created by WP-SimpleViewer cannot be edited manually. The XML image data is generated dynamically at the time the gallery is displayed.

I would like to be able to add several galleries to the same page so one would be titled 4x5 Format and one would be titled Panoramic Format and so on.

If you plan to embed multiple galleries on a single page, then you will need to ensure that each gallery is embedded in a <div> with a unique 'id' and that each gallery has a unique 'flashvars' variable name.
For example:

<script type="text/javascript" src="/gallery1/svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript">
var flashvars1 = {};
flashvars1.baseURL = "/gallery1/";
simpleviewer.ready(function () {
simpleviewer.load("sv-container1", "100%", "600px", "222222", true, flashvars1);
});
</script>
<div id="sv-container1"></div>

<script type="text/javascript">
var flashvars2 = {};
flashvars2.baseURL = "/gallery2/";
simpleviewer.ready(function () {
simpleviewer.load("sv-container2", "100%", "600px", "222222", true, flashvars2);
});
</script>
<div id="sv-container2"></div>

Please note that you need to load only one instance of the 'simpleviewer.js' file per page.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.