Topic: How to activate autoviewer pro on Web builder

Hello ;
I just bought the Autoviewer pro version but unfortunately I don't know where to store the downloaded files and

Although I have stored the downloaded files in the "extensions" folder of WebBuilder I cannot find the pro version in the extension list of WebBuilder .

I would greatly appreciate your help !
Many thanks in advance!

Re: How to activate autoviewer pro on Web builder

If you replace the 'autoviewer.swf' file in the extension with the 'autoviewer.swf' file from the AutoViewer-Pro zip package ('autoviewer_pro/web/autoviewer.swf'), all galleries created by the extension will be AutoViewer-Pro galleries.
However, please note that the extension's interface will not change and if you want to use Pro configuration options in your galleries, you will need to edit the 'Options.as' file (from the AutoViewer-Pro zip package) and then publish a new SWF file following the instructions here.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Hi! I am sorry but I would really appreciate a more detailed process than this one too generic whoich does not mention what link/file or folder comes from where and must be inserted where .

For example what I thought the process was:

download zip file from autoviewer website (autoviewer_pro) --> store it on the "downloads" folder of WBWW --> extracted in the sub files the "extensions" folder of WBWW  --> insert the link text "autoviewer.swf" .. where exactly,..in a box,..in a file, a folder  .?? .is it in the active open box of the "autoviewer extension" during a working session of WebBuilder ..or in a specific file of the computer ?

Sorry again but nothing is very clear in terms of what is where ..
Thanking you for your time ..!

Please note that we did not write the AutoViewer extension for WYSIWYG Web Builder ourselves and as downloads of the extension are restricted to registered users of WYSIWYG Web Builder only, I am not familiar with the extension's code or file structure.

However, all you should have to do to upgrade the extension from Standard to Pro is replace a single file.
The extension will come bundled with the Standard version of the 'autoviewer.swf' file and, once you find it, replace it with the Pro version of the 'autoviewer.swf' file from the AutoViewer-Pro zip package ('autoviewer_pro/web/autoviewer.swf').

Instructions for upgrading the extension should hopefully be somewhere within the extension's files. (For their SimpleViewer extension, I believe the instructions are in a PDF file.) If you need help in finding the location of the 'autoviewer.swf' file within the extension, please contact WYSIWYG Web Builder support who should be able to help you further.

If using Quick 'n Easy Web Builder (which looks to be very similar to WYSIWYG Web Builder), then their own instructions for upgrading their extension are as follows:

Pro Version
AutoViewer-Pro does not include the download link. Note however that this extension
does not support the advanced customization that is available in the Pro version!
If you click the ‘Pro Version’ button then you can select the path of the pro version
(autoviewer.swf). In that case this version of the viewer will be published instead of
the free version.

You can purchase the AutoViewer-Pro version here:
http://www.simpleviewer.net/autoviewer/pro/

Perhaps WYSIWYG Web Builder also has a 'Pro Version' button which allows you to point towards the path to the 'autoviewer.swf' file from the AutoViewer-Pro zip package ('autoviewer_pro/web/autoviewer.swf').

Steven Speirs

Thank you Steven for this detailed answer. The point here is that despite I think I have followed the good process, the autoviewer box of the webbuilder software when opened, do not show any change in features and performance as it could be expected for a "pro" version..

As I just bought for 45$ the autoviewer pro version on your website , I am just thinking about a reimbursement of this expense which at the end of the day will not help in anything for building my website.

The point here is that despite I think I have followed the good process, the autoviewer box of the webbuilder software when opened, do not show any change in features and performance as it could be expected for a "pro" version.

As I noted in my first post above, upgrading the extension will not change the extension's interface. (It will look the same as before the upgrade.)
This is true of all AutoViewer plugins (for other programs such as Adobe Photoshop and Google Picasa). AutoViewer-Pro options can only ever be set following the procedure outlined here (editing the 'Options.as' file and publishing a new SWF file using Adobe Flash Professional).

However, after upgrading the extension, all galleries will be Pro galleries and you can check this by looking for the AutoViewer-Pro badge/logo in the bottom-right corner of the galleries. The badge/logo is present only in Standard galleries and not in Pro galleries.

If you would like a refund, just let me know and I will send you an email with further details.

Steven Speirs

Thank you for your answer. I confirm although I have made a lot of investigations and tests nothing has changed in the look and performances of the application, as a consequence I would appreciate a refund of my purchase.
Thanking you for the follow up.
regards

Please check your email. I have sent you a message.

Steven Speirs

Hi Steven
Thank you for this prompt answer and flexibility. I did not receive any mail coming from "simpleviewer"
regards

Sorry but I didnt receive any mail from you ..!

Steven Speirs wrote:

Please check your email. I have sent you a message.

Please could you just follow up the refund of my purchase..?

I send a message to the email address registered with your forum account.
I notice that your username is riallan but your email address starts with riallian (with an extra 'i'). Is that correct?
Please check that your email address is correct and check in your email account's junk/spam folder in case the message I sent has been redirected in there. (I have resent the message.)

Steven Speirs

I got it! thank you!