Topic: Please Help with embedded gallery on my website

I need help with placing the SimpleViewer gallery on my wordpress website, I embeded the code in my portfolio section and nothing shows up on my website. What am I doing wrong?

Re: Please Help with embedded gallery on my website

You can follow this procedure.
(1) Create a gallery using svBuilder-Pro.
(2) Upload the complete gallery folder (not just the contents) to your web server using an FTP program such as Filezilla.
(3) Embed the gallery in your WordPress page or post using the baseURL method of embedding documented here.

It does not matter where on your web server you upload your gallery folder to as long as the two paths within the baseURL embedding code (the path to the 'simpleviewer.js' file and the baseURL itself) are correct.
Make sure that when you enter the embedding code into the body of your page or post, the method of entry is 'Text' rather than 'Visual'. (It sounds like you may have inserted the embedding code in 'Visual' mode.)

Alternatively, you could use the dedicated SimpleViewer plugin for WordPress (WP-SimpleViewer) which would allow you to create and edit SimpleViewer galleries within the WordPress Dashboard. When using WP-SimpleViewer, there is no need to upload any gallery files or images via FTP and all the JavaScript embedding code is taken care of automatically by the plugin.
WP-SimpleViewer can be downloaded from this web page.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.