Topic: Caption between image and thumbnails

Hi there,
I set up my gallery wiyh the thumbnails at the bottom. I want the caption not to be below the thumnails but to be placed between the image and the thumnails. I can do it using the "fixed layout". Is it possible to obtain the same result without the fixed layout ?
Thanks for your help
Dominique

Re: Caption between image and thumbnails

No. This is possible only with a Fixed Layout.

When not using a Fixed Layout, the captions can be positioned (via the captionPosition configuration option) TOP, BOTTOM, RIGHT, LEFT, OVERLAY_TOP, OVERLAY_BOTTOM or NONE (relative to the main image).

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thank you Steven,
Then I will be using the "fixed layout" ... but I have a problem though :
My gallery is a mixed of landscape and portrait images positioned center. If I position the captions on the left, they appear at the same place wether the image is landscape or portrait, that is to say it is too far from the image when portrait. This doen't occur when not using fixed layout : the caption is properly aligned with the image in both cases.
Do you see a way of overcoming that ?
Thanks for your help,
Dominique

When using a Fixed Layout, all gallery elements are individually fixed with their own x and y coordinates and it is not possible for captions to be aligned to to each individual image (like when unlocking a stack in a non-Fixed Layout so that captions 'follow' images).

It may not be possible to layout a gallery and have it behave exactly like you want it to but perhaps the SimpleViewer-Pro Layout Guide will help you figure out what is possible and how to achieve it.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

OK, many thanks Steven.