Topic: "post/page not found" on all new galleries

what would cause this? i cant create any new galleries because everytime i go to a page and press the simpleviewer button, it says gallery not found.  i go to wp-simpleviewer and it says post/page not found.  any ideas? thanks all

Re: "post/page not found" on all new galleries

A WordPress 'Post/Page not found' message would be displayed if a user tries to access a post or page which does not exist.

A SimpleViewer 'Gallery XML not found' message would be displayed if the user tries to access a post or page containing a SimpleViewer gallery which has a problem with the location of the gallery's XML file (see this FAQ for details).

Neither error message should be displayed when clicking the 'Add SimpleViewer Gallery' button in the admin section whilst trying to create a new gallery.

If the problem occurs when trying to view a gallery, please post the URL to your web page so that I can take a look for myself.

If the problem occurs when trying to create a gallery, please let me know exactly what happens (or does not happen) when you click the 'Add SimpleViewer Gallery' button (e.g. what do you see on-screen).

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

there has to be an issue then, no matter which product i try to add a gallery to, simpleviewer page tells me "post/page does not exist" but it does, or else I would not have been able to add new galleries...

The 'Post/Page does not exist' error message is generated by WordPress (not WP-SimpleViewer) when trying to view a post or page that does not exist.
Are you clicking a link to get to the page which displays this error message?
If so, please let me know where this link is (whether it is in the admin section or the frontend of your site) and post the URL so that I can check it out for myself and help further.

Steven Speirs

Steven Speirs wrote:

The 'Post/Page does not exist' error message is generated by WordPress (not WP-SimpleViewer) when trying to view a post or page that does not exist.
Are you clicking a link to get to the page which displays this error message?
If so, please let me know where this link is (whether it is in the admin section or the frontend of your site) and post the URL so that I can check it out for myself and help further.

i know, it doesnt work!
http://www.exceltrainingdesigns.com/dow … -template/

My other products that have galleries that I made previously work, but any of the galleries i create now dont work, they say page/post not found.
when i create a normal gallery, go to the edit page, press create simpleviewer gallery, save and publish, it says gallery not found.  i think i am having a jquery issue because my other gallery doesnt work either.

but any of the galleries i create now dont work, they say page/post not found.

when i create a normal gallery, go to the edit page, press create simpleviewer gallery, save and publish, it says gallery not found.

What exactly does the error message say? Does it say 'Post/Page does not exist' or 'Gallery XML Not Found'? (Or do you see both messages?)
They are two completely different error messages, produced by different programs with different causes and solutions.

What I was trying to make clear above is that the 'Post/Page does not exist' message is unlikely to have anything to do with SimpleViewer or WP-SimpleViewer.
It is a message generated by Wordpress itself when navigating to a non-existent page (whether it contains a SimpleViewer gallery or not).

The 'Gallery XML Not Found' message is generated by SimpleViewer and implies that the gallery's XML file cannot be found. Please see this FAQ for more details:
When I view my gallery I see the message 'Gallery XML Not Found'. How do I fix this?

The link you posted contains a SimpleViewer gallery which does work (when I view it myself in browsers with and without Adobe Flash Player enabled).
If you do not see the gallery on this page, try clearing your browser's cache before reloading the web page.

i think i am having a jquery issue because my other gallery doesnt work either.

It is unlikely that the SimpleViewer problem you are experiencing is related to jQuery. (SimpleViewer uses its own version of jQuery within the 'simpleviewer.js' file and, for the Flash Player version of the gallery, the SWF file is embedded using SWFObject.)

If you have a gallery page which displays the 'Gallery XML Not Found' message, please post its URL so that I can take a look and help troubleshoot it for you.

My other products that have galleries that I made previously work, but any of the galleries i create now dont work

If things were working OK previously but now do not, have you made any changes recently which may have caused this problem (like installing any new plugins)?
If so, try temporarily deactivating all plugins other than WP-SimpleViewer to see if this makes a difference and if your galleries work OK, reactivate your other plugins one-by-one until you find the source of the conflict.

Steven Speirs