Topic: Edit "gallery xml not found" error message

I have used simpleviewer pro v2.3 for many years, three slideshows per web page, each slideshow built with svBuilder. 

Recently I get "gallery xml not found" error message on pageload for the first slideshow on my page.  If I refresh the page, this error goes away and the slideshow appears.  My hunch is the error occurs because simpleviewer conflicts with Google Pagespeed service which I began using recently.  Until I fix the actual conflict between simpleviewer and Google Pagespeed service, I want a temporary fix.  I simply want to ask my customers to refresh the page.

How can I change the error message from "gallery xml not found" to read "please refresh webpage" instead?

Thanks.

Last edited by mtheuer (2013-12-20 19:47:07)

Re: Edit "gallery xml not found" error message

How can I change the error message from "gallery xml not found" to read "please refresh webpage" instead?

Unfortunately, this is is not possible. The 'Gallery XML Not Found' message is hard-coded into the 'simpleviewer.js' file which is obfuscated and cannot be modified.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Re: Edit "gallery xml not found" error message

Thanks, Steven.  You're brilliantly obfuscated answer has led me to the temporary fix I wanted!