Topic: [SOLVED] Not creating thumbs

I am creating new galleries for additional web pages on my site.  When I create the new gallery for the new page (in a different folder than the original gallery, etc), it creates the gallery.  It works but loads are very slow as there are no thumbnails being created.  It seems that when I originally created my first gallery (some years ago), it automatically created the thumbnails to support.  Why would it not do that now when I am following the exact same procedures>

Thanks!

Re: [SOLVED] Not creating thumbs

How are you creating your galleries? Most programs and plugins that I am aware of create and use a dedicated set of thumbnails for the gallery.

If you create your galleries with svBuilder, the desktop application which comes with SimpleViewer-Standard (the free version), thumbnails are created from your original source images and placed in a folder named 'thumbs'.

Also, please check the paths to the thumbnail images in your gallery's XML file (the thumbURL entries) to make sure that they are correct (and that the thumbnail images themselves are in the correct location).

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

I am using the sv builder on the desktop.  And I have solved the issue.  I was attempting to "be smart" and had already created the image folder for the new gallery with the pictures I wanted to use.  When I ran the sv builder, I guess it saw that folder and couldn't decide what to do.  I went back, deleted everything, and ran the sv builder to an empty folder.  Worked correctly - creating the image and thumb folders with images, etc, and all the supporting files.  I guess we shouldn't attempt to out think ourselves....

Thanks for the help!

I'm glad you have resolved your problem.
Thank you for posting back to let me know.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.