Topic: Image Uploader Resize and Crop

Hi,

I'm currently using SimpleViewer on my website. (great plugin). www.mateofmine.com

We currently use an image uploader that is insufficient. I.e.  Users are always having problems if their image file is to big, not cropped or edited before uploading to our website.

1. I need an image uploader that automatically resizes images so that it doesn't how big the photo's are (users can upload from any device).

2. Users can then easily crop their images for their profile pic.

3. Users can add multiple images or drag and drop to their profile pages.

Can you advise the best php script or plugin that works with SimpleViewer.

Cheers,

Dane

Re: Image Uploader Resize and Crop

1. I need an image uploader that automatically resizes images so that it doesn't how big the photo's are (users can upload from any device).

A SimpleViewer gallery can consist of images of various different sizes and SimpleViewer will dynamically scale them within the gallery's image area when the gallery is displayed according to the value of the imageScaleMode configuration option (which can be SCALE, SCALE_UP, FILL, STRETCH or NONE).
For further details, a description of this configuration option can be found in the Main Image section of the Config Options page.

2. Users can then easily crop their images for their profile pic.

Images should be cropped in an imaging program before being fed to a SimpleViewer gallery (and SimpleViewer galleries do not feature a profile picture so I am not exactly sure what you are referring to here).

3. Users can add multiple images or drag and drop to their profile pages.

If you are looking to be able to add images to a gallery without modifying any gallery files, then there are essentially two solutions, both of which are details in this forum post (with further links for more information).

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.