Topic: [SOLVED] upgrading existing gallery to Pro not working

I have a site with 4 different galleries in different subfolders which I built. I followed the instructions to upgrade these (replace the svCore folder in your existing gallery folder with the one that comes in the Pro download web folder). This worked on the 1st of the 4 I did, but not on the other 3. I don't really know why. I uploaded the new folders several times, but 3 are still showing standard version with SimpleViewer logo. Can you help?

Re: [SOLVED] upgrading existing gallery to Pro not working

It sounds like one of three things may have happened:
(1) You replaced your gallery's 'svcore' folder with the SimpleViewer-Standard 'svcore' folder rather than the SimpleViewer-Pro 'svcore' folder.
(2) You used the SimpleViewer-Pro 'svcore' folder but your gallery's 'svcore' folder was not overwritten.
(3) The upgrade was successful but you are viewing an older version of your gallery cached by your browser.

Solutions would be to:
(1) Ensure that you are using the SimpleViewer-Pro 'svcore' folder from the SimpleViewer-Pro download zip package ('simpleviewer_pro_231/web/svcore/').
(2) If you are unsure as to whether or not your gallery's 'svcore' folder is being overwritten, try deleting it from your web server first before uploading the SimpleViewer-Pro 'svcore' folder in its place.
(3) After replacing the 'svcore' folder, clear your browser's cache before reloading your gallery's web page to ensure that your browser is fetching and using the most recent gallery files from your web server.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

It was definitely not 1 or 3, but the svcore files weren't overwriting the files on the remote server on upload. However I was able to solve it. I duplicated the svcore folder in the gallery that DID work, and then moved it to the each of other 3 folders. And then uploaded them again. For some reason that worked.

That's great! I'm glad you have been able to resolve your problem.
Thank you for posting back to let me know.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.