Topic: gallery always publishes ALL images ever seen in simpleviewer

Hope I am not repeating this topic

When I publish a new gallery, I select and upload only 1 image, however when I publish that gallery, it includes in the image directory ALL the images ever uploaded into Simpleviewer for other older galleries. 

Needless to point out, that is a lot wasted memory for images that have nothing to do with the gallery published. 
How do i stop simpleviewer from including all its past history of images in the new galleries??   
2 years from now that will be way too many images for a simple 5 image gallery.  It already is way too many.

flumoxed

Re: gallery always publishes ALL images ever seen in simpleviewer

How are you creating your galleries?
It sounds like you are editing an existing gallery and adding images to it.

If you create your galleries with svBuilder-Pro and save each gallery to its own unique folder, then you can add and remove images on the 'Images' tab and only those images displayed on the 'Images' tab will be included in the gallery.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

I open simpleviewer,   (SV BUILDER PRO)
create new gallery,
import only the images I need,
customize,
export to a separate folder from the image source

it outputs to the new gallery directory/images ALL the images ever opened in simpleviewer

Is there a history or cache somewhere that I can flush?

Last edited by Gam (2014-01-27 20:07:43)

I have been unable to replicate this behavior and as far as I am aware, no other users have reported such an issue.
svBuilder-Pro should have no knowledge of previous galleries when creating a new one.

Please make sure that you are using the latest version of svBuilder-Pro (v2.3.1).
If necessary, instructions for upgrading SimpleViewer-Pro and svBuilder-Pro can be found here.

Even if you are currently using latest version of svBuilder-Pro, I would try uninstalling and reinstalling the application.
Between uninstalling and reinstalling, manually delete the following folder to ensure that no files are left behind from the uninstall:

• Mac: /Users/your_username/Library/Application Support/Adobe/AIR/ELS/svBuilder-Pro

• Windows (XP): C:\Documents and Settings\your_username\Application Data\Adobe\AIR\ELS\svBuilder-Pro

• Windows (Vista, Win 7, Win 8): C:\Users\your_username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\AIR\ELS\svBuilder-Pro

Hopefully this will help.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.