Topic: Prevent caption overlay from obscuring images

Hi, I'm using simpleviewer with the 'non-flash' option enabled, so the galleries can be viewed on tablets etc.  I'm trying to see if there's a way to *not* have the image captions display on top of the image as, depending on the image, this can obscure part of the image. 

e.g. http://codenature.info/pub/sv/simpleviewer-overlay.jpg

I checked the mobile XML options but it seems there's no option to display to the left or right of the image and/or display the captions in a reserved area underneath the image so they are not actually overlayed.

Can anyone confirm if this is possible?

Re: Prevent caption overlay from obscuring images

It is not possible to reposition the captions in the Mobile Player.
The images are always scaled to fit within the gallery area and the captions are always positioned on the image overlay at the bottom of the image.
The Caption Options are available to the Flash Player only.

If you are looking for a more configurable gallery which does not use or rely on Adobe Flash at all, then you might be interested in another of our products, Juicebox.
Juicebox is a HTML 5 image viewer and you can position and style the captions within a Juicebox gallery using the available Caption Options.

For more information on the differences between SimpleViewer and Juicebox, please see this SimpleViewer news article.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks Steven, I will have a look at Juicebox then.

I checked out JuiceBox-Lite and it looks like there's no way to have the captions not display over the top of the image.  Is this a pro-only feature?

Yes. The Juicebox configuration option captionPosition is a Pro-only feature. In Juicebox-Lite (the free version), the captions will be displayed on the image overlay.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.