Topic: Can thumbs scroll?

I have my pages working but the amount of thumbnails on each page is different and I would like to make it more uniform. I'm thinking 4x4 or a total of 16 thumbs would look good. On a page that I want to have a total of say 48 thumbs how to I get the thumbnails to scroll?

Thanks,
Jim

Re: Can thumbs scroll?

I changed the code in the imageData file so that there were 4 rows and 3 columns, thus only displaying 12 thumbnails at a time and it loks great. My problem now is the fact that the viewer gives the visitor no indication that there are more images to see and more thumbs are hidden and can be seen by clicking below the thumbs. I'm using a black background on the page. Is the black hiding scrolling arrows? There's got to be a way to indicate somewhere on the page that the 12 thumbnails shown on the page aren;t the only ones. How do I do that?

Jim

There should be an arrow under the thumbs to page to the next set. Maybe you set your background and frameColor to be black?

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

I wish it were that simple but my code is below...

<SIMPLEVIEWER_DATA maxImageDimension="500"
textColor="0xA5D8F6"
frameColor="#FFFFFF" bgColor="#000000"

I also tried it with the frame color as...
frameColor="white" bgColor="#000000"

but neither does anything. On my pages there is nothing to indicate that you can scroll to see more thumbs. I don't get it. See a sample at
http://www.jleary.com/nhlhockey/index.html

Would appreciate help with this.
Thanks,
Jim

The link is actually present but I can;r see it. I realize its a matter of changing the code somewhere but I can't figure out where.

Jim

When I looked at the index.html file I found the Javascript script which begins...

<script type="text/javascript">
  var fo = new FlashObject("viewer.swf", "viewer", "800", "500", "3", "#000000");

When I changed the
"#000000"  to   "#FFFFFF"
I was able to see the scrolling arrow because the background was white and the arrow was then visable. My problem is... I don;t want the background white. Is there any way to change the arrow so that it shows up on a black background?

Thanks again for your time.

Jim

SV XML Colors should have 0x in front of them not #s. eg: frameColor="0xff00ff"

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Yes, your solution was right on. Having worked with straight HTML for so long I did not understand the "0x" replacing the "#" but by using the pound sign I disabled the arrow from appearing. Thanks for your time. I really appreciate it.

Jim