Topic: iPad (or mobile) v. desktop resolution configuration

When I view my gallery on an iPad, the images appear low resolution. I have set them to 500x500 in svbuilder customization, which is perfect for desktop viewing for my purposes. If I try to increase the pixel dimensions, the layout of the desktop gallery becomes altered, which is undesirable (it pushes the thumbnails further from the center of the page).

Is it possible to increase the quality of the images without affecting the layout of the desktop gallery? Do I need to individually alter the DPI of each image?

Thanks for any help.

Re: iPad (or mobile) v. desktop resolution configuration

You could perhaps set maxImageWidth and maxImageHeight to limit to size of the images within the gallery area in the Flash Player version of the gallery.
(You may need to set these values manually by editing your gallery's XML file in a plain text editor.)
Descriptions of these configuration options can be found in the Standard Options section of the Config Options page.
Hopefully this will help when you increase the resolution of your images.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks for the reply!

Might it be possible to also limit the size of the mobile images?

No. maxImageWidth and maxImageHeight (and imageScaleMode) are used by the Flash Player only and the images within the Mobile Player presentation are always scaled to fit within the available space.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.