Topic: Autoviewer works locally, but not live

Hi All,

I can't understand what's wrong...  hmm

This is my site: http://www.10eestudio.com/

I placed my gallery within a div on my index.html page and it works fine locally, but once published I'm getting that white "X" and have looked through numerous posts and have exhausted all conceivable options.

What I've tried so far:

- Hotlink protection is disabled

- Used Cyberduck as my FTP client initially: when I saw the likelihood of my .swf file being the issue, I used Dreamweaver's FTP (binary) and also tried to manually upload the two .swf files directly into my cPanel. Still no difference.

- My paths and names in gallery.xml are correct (I also changed images/~.jpg to 10eestudio.com/images/~.jpg in the gallery.xml file and it didn't make a difference).

- Folders are organized (gallery.xml is beside index.html)

Please help and thanks in advance! Let me know if you need more info.

10ee

Last edited by 10ee (2014-02-09 04:40:13)

Re: Autoviewer works locally, but not live

According to your gallery's XML file, the first image in your gallery should be located here: http://10eestudio.com/images/piece01.jpg
... but going directly to this location in a browser displays an error 403 (forbidden) message.

Please check the permissions on your 'images' and 'thumbs' folders and the image files themselves using your FTP program.
Permissions of 755 for folders and 644 for files should work fine.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thank you Steven! It works beautifully now!

My 'thumbs' and 'images' folders were set at permissions of 700; is this SV's default when it creates the files? I would never have guessed that the folders were the issue -- I spent hours assuming it had something to do with the code or individual files. Anyway I changed my perms directly on cPanel.

Thanks again! I didn't expect this to be resolved so quickly!  smile

We have been unable to replicate this problem (folder permissions of 700 when creating a gallery with svBuilder-Pro on a Mac) in test galleries of our own.
Try creating your galleries in a different location (in a different folder) on your hard drive to see if this makes a difference.
Also, check to see if you can specify default permissions when uploading files and folders via your FTP program. Perhaps the information on this web page will help.
At least you now know what to look out for if the same thing happens again.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.