Topic: uploaded images are not visible

Hello,
the uploaded thumbs and images are not visible. I have uploaded everything, folder contains gallery.xml, images (folder), index.html, score (folder) and thumbs (folder).  Only "X" appears on the website / gallery. Opening the html-file with a browser on the hard disk the image are visible, everything is fine. Still haven't that problem. My first gallery with pro.
Thanks in advance!

Re: uploaded images are not visible

Please see this FAQ which deals with seeing crosses where images should be:
My images show locally, but not when I upload them to my webserver. Why?

Also, please check the permissions on the 'images' and 'thumbs' folders and on the image files themselves with an FTP program.
Default permissions of 755 for folders and 644 for files should be fine.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Hello Steven,
sorry for the delayed reply. The problems remains the same also when resetting the browser. I took an "old" gallery which is works changed the link names in the gallery-xml-file according to the files in the images- and thumbs-folder. No the gallery is fine. I will made a new gallery within the next weeks see what happens.

Hopefully things will be OK but if you continue to experience difficulties, please post the URL to your gallery so that I can take a look for myself and help further.

Steven Speirs

Hello Steven,
have made a new small gallery. The same problem. Can you please check it?
http://ralfginter.de/test/index.html
Thanks

According to your gallery's XML file, the first image in your gallery should be located here: http://ralfginter.de/test/images/kornhaus_14_0334.jpg
However, going directly to that location in a web browser results in an error 404 (forbidden).
It looks like the problem may be due to the permissions on the 'images' and 'thumbs' folders and/or on the image files themselves.
Please check the permissions on the 'images' and 'thumbs' folders and the image files with an FTP program.
Default permissions of 755 for folders and 644 for files should be fine.

Steven Speirs

Hi Steven,
thanks for the prompt reply. I noticed the thread with the same problem there you recommended filezilla. With filezilla there are no problems with the permissions, furthermore can't find any settings where I can edit the permissions. I uploaded the files and folders without any changes of the settings. Now the image are visible. Don't know why it no longer works with Cyberduck, haven't find any settings where I can change the permissions.
The test-link no longer works.
Many thanks!

I'm glad you have been able to resolve your problem with Filezilla.
Thank you for posting back to let me know.

Steven Speirs