Topic: cannot create gallery

I recently bought a new Macbook Pro and after installing svBuilder Pro 2.2 on it I tried creating a new gallery. When I want to add images to the gallery (click on browse button or pull images in from Finder) there is no progress on the "adding new images" progress bar. I have removed the program and reinstalled but no luck. New MBP is running Mavericks but on my Macbook Air which is also running Mavericks it works fine.

Thanks for the help.

Re: cannot create gallery

Try downloading and installing the current version of svBuilder-Pro (v2.3.1) to ensure that any bugs which were present in previous versions but which have since been fixed are not contributing to your problem.
Instructions for Upgrading svBuilder-Pro can be found here.

Before installing a new version of svBuilder-Pro, it is first necessary to uninstall any existing version.

• Uninstall svBuyilder-Pro v2.2.0.

• Delete the following folder manually: /Users/your_username/Library/Application Support/Adobe/AIR/ELS/svBuilder-Pro (Doing this alone may fix your problem.)

• Empty your trash.

• Install svBuilder-Pro v2.3.1 following the instructions here.

Please ensure you do not have a copy of svBuilder-Pro on an external drive connected to your Mac when installing svBuilder-Pro v2.3.1. If you do, please disconnect the drive.
Hopefully this will help.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Hi, thanks for the reply. I just followed your instructions and installed v2.3.1 but still experience the same problem. It is only on the new MBP that this happens, it still works on my MB Air and iMac.
Is there a log file I can send you or do you have other suggestions on how to solve this?

Thanks
Cobus

I just tried creating a gallery on my MB Air and it now has the same symptoms as on MBP. I recently updated OS on the Air to 10.9.2, this is the first time I tried it since the upgrade. I know it worked before the update so it might be that the problem was caused by the update.
The MBP had 10.9.2 on it from the start and svBuilder never worked on it.
Hope this information helps and that you'll be able to find a solution soon.

Thanks
Cobus

Try the following procedure:
(1) Uninstall svBuilder-Pro.
(2) Search for and manually delete all files/folders/references to svBuilder-Pro on your hard drive.
(3) Reinstall svBuilder-Pro to a location not inside your Applications folder.

A user in the Juicebox forum appears to have encountered a similar problem with JuiceboxBuilder-Pro and this seems to have helped. Hopefully it will also help for yourself.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.