Topic: site not responsive with v.2.3.2.1 loaded

Hi there
When I activate the version 2.3.2.1 of simple viewer, my site is not mobile responsive on iPhones!  It is on android devices but not iPhones.  You can see the site in action here:

http://www.newfieldclub.org

If I disable simpleviewer, the site is responsive on the iPhone as well.

Is there a fix for this? Thank you!
Jennifer

Re: site not responsive with v.2.3.2.1 loaded

I notice that your WordPress page uses the following code which might be related to the problem you report:

<!-- mobile setting -->
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1, maximum-scale=1">

It looks like your current theme may be inserting this code into the <head> of your web page.
Try instructing your theme to not include this code (or try temporarily changing your theme to a default WordPress theme) to see if this makes a difference.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

This is also happening on sites using Canvas from Woo themes. you can see here:
http://www.wiremillbbq.com and if you change to the desktop version of this mobi site:  http://www.davidscatering.com
This never happened before so I am wondering what changed.  How do I remove that code below?

There may be a 'Mobile' setting within your theme's settings which will determine whether on not this <meta> 'viewport' tag is used in your page. If not, then it may originate from the theme's 'header.php' page so try opening this page in a plain text editor and search for the line of code.
Just to clarify, what exactly do you mean when you say "my site is not mobile responsive on iPhones"?
(I have viewed your website on an iPhone Touch and am unsure exactly what the problem is. The website seems to display and function OK. If you are referring to the inability to pinch-zoom, then this is, indeed, due to the <meta> 'viewport' tag in your web page's header.)

Steven Speirs

Hi there - I can't post screenshots of what it should look like so here is a description - it is not the mobile setting because on an android device, it reformats to mobile.  Only on iPhones it does not. 

You should see the logo and then at the top three bars and the words Navigation and be able to click on that and the menu slides open or there is a drop down for the menu depending on the website. That is mobile.  If you see the menu bar across the page and you need to zoom in to read, it is not mobile.  I wish I could post screen shots.  On my desktop if I shrink my screen, it changes to mobile responsive. On an Android, it is mobile responsive.  On iPhones it is not. I did not try a touch - only iPhones and a few of them.

So it is not a site wide theme setting as on some devices are showing mobile responsive.  And I know it is Simpleviewer vs. the theme because if I disable simple viewer the site goes mobile responsive on the iPhone. 

On Wiremillbbq.com I looked for viewport and mobile in the header.php and neither word appears in that file.

Jennifer

Thank you for clarifying. (The <meta> 'viewport' tag is not the issue here.)
I have just viewed all 3 of your web sites on an iPod Touch and all 3 display the mobile version of the respective sites (and I would expect that the display on an iPhone would be the same as that on an iPod Touch).
(The menu button and 'Navigation' text are as you describe on wiremillbbq.com and 'Switch to Desktop version' is displayed at the bottom of the davidscatering.com page so they are definitely the mobile versions.)
At the time of testing, I checked that the 'simpleviewer.js' file was being loaded in all 3 of your web pages.
It looks like your web pages are responding to my iPod Touch OK and displaying the mobile versions of your sites as expected.
I cannot explain why iPhones are displaying the desktop versions of your sites when the 'simpleviewer.js' file is being loaded (and I do not have an iPhone on which to test) but whether or not the 'simpleviewer.js' file is being loaded should have no influence over the switching mechanism that your web page/WordPress theme uses to determine whether to display the desktop or mobile version of your site.

I do not know if it will help or not but you could try fixing the HTML errors on your web page.
You can check the code on your web page with the W3C Markup Validation Service.
It may not help directly with the problem that you report (and which I cannot replicate on an iPod Touch) but it would be wise to fix the errors on your web page and at least we could then eliminate HTML errors as a possible source of the problem.

Steven Speirs