Topic: 1:Mobile device and HTML5; 2:fixed layout

I've made some galleries with SimpleViewer-pro at this site:

onemoreline.net/drawingsmenu.html

I have two queries -

1:
This page leads to several galleries.  According to your descriptions, these galleries should work on a non-Flash device, but it doesn't seem that way to me.  On an iPhone (I agree not the best device to view this site on, but I need it to work on tablets) I get the thumbnails, but they are not active, and there is no main picture displayed.

What's my mistake?

2:
When I uncheck the Float option in the Fixed Layout window, the layout stops floating, but the captions go wrong.  Most are missing, those that are not missing appear underneath the thumbnails, at the left hand side.

Again, what's my mistake?

Re: 1:Mobile device and HTML5; 2:fixed layout

I get the thumbnails, but they are not active,

I have viewed your galleries on an iPod Touch (and in desktop browsers with Adobe Flash Player disabled) and the thumbnails are active in all instances.
Try clearing your browser before reloading your galleries to see if this makes a difference.
Also, your gallery pages have HTML errors on them which should be fixed. (HTML errors are likely to affect the Mobile (HTML) Player versions of your galleries but are unlikely to affect the Flash Player versions.)
You can check the code on your web pages with the W3C Markup Validation Service and then fix the errors reported.
Once the code on your web page validates correctly, the page should be rendered with greater predictability and consistency across different browsers.

and there is no main picture displayed.

What you are describing is the Mobile Player version of the gallery where the user is presented with a grid of thumbnails from which a main image can be selected (by tapping/clicking on a thumbnail). The selected image will replace the thumbnails but the user can return to the thumbnail page by clicking the Thumbnail Button on the Button Bar.
Please see these FAQs for more information:
When I view my gallery I see a grid of thumbnails, not the layout I specified. Why?
The mobile player layout does not match the Flash player layout. Why not?

When I uncheck the Float option in the Fixed Layout window, the layout stops floating, but the captions go wrong.  Most are missing, those that are not missing appear underneath the thumbnails, at the left hand side.

If you choose not to float an element, then its height will be taken into account in the layout of the gallery (as noted in the Resizable Layout section of the SimpleViewer-Pro Layout Guide).
If, after deselecting floatCaption, your captions do not appear where you would expect them to, please check your gallery's captionHeight.
If you have a specific gallery which demonstrates the problem you are describing, please post its URL so that I can take a look and help further.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.