Topic: How do I display a message if the user doesn't have Flash installed?

Hello SimpleViewer Community.

We're setting up SimpleViewer for a client, and they would like to present a message to the user if they don't have Flash installed on their device.

Can anybody recommend a good way to do this?

Thanks very much.

Adam

Re: How do I display a message if the user doesn't have Flash installed?

There is no longer a need for a message to be displayed when the user's browser does not have Adobe Flash Player installed and enabled.
SimpleViewer-Pro (since v2.1.0) supports Universal Playback and SimpleViewer galleries will be displayed by the Mobile Player on mobile devices and in non-Flash-enabled browsers.
If you would rather display a message than have the gallery displayed by the Mobile Player, then you would need to introduce your own check for Adobe Flash Player (perhaps using SWFObject's hasFlashPlayerVersion method) and then either display the gallery or a message of your choice using a JavaScript if... else statement.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Re: How do I display a message if the user doesn't have Flash installed?

Thanks for your response, Steven. It's very helpful.

I understand that the tool includes a non-Flash version for devices without Flash, but our client prefers the Flash version of the tool so much that they want to present a message to the user to recommend that they view the slideshow with a Flash-enabled device.

After posting, I found a snippet of JavaScript that will accomplish what they've requested, but I still appreciate your response.

I hope you're well.

Adam