Topic: Another Multiple gallery issue [SOLVED]

Hi all,
My name is Jaco and I'm new to the forum.

SimpleViewer - SVBuilder Standard Version ver. 2.3.1

I have a Pet website http://www.bostonterrier.za.net
This required me to build more than one gallery. I managed to get the 1st gallery using my own css layout with no problems ,using EMBED code.

My problem/question is, how & where(what file) must I change/alter for the:

galleryURL 'path'

so that the correct xml data get loaded on the 2nd, 3rd etc. gallery html page?
The only place I could find galleryURL'path' was in the FULL.HTML page located in dir: gallery/farm/svcore

For e.g.

File1.XML == galleryURL 'File1.xml' == web1.html (Display 20x .jpg images on Gallery Pet) where File1.xml is in my root /

File2.XML == galleryURL 'File2.xml' == web2.html (Display 12x .jpg images on Gallery animals) where File2.xml is in my root /

My Dir structure:

root:    / (all .html / .php files etc.)

image:  /images (Site layout images & bg. etc.)

gallery1  /gallery (1st gallery files & folders as SVBuilder compile) ...no problem

gallery2  /gallery/farm (This is where I'm stuck. Cannot have 2x "Gallery.XML" files in 1 dir.)  roll

!!http://bostonterrier.za.net/test.php - Test Page!!

**What I have NOT tried is to combine the 2 .XML Files (don't know if it will work and heaps of typing)?

Any help in this regard would really be appreciated.

Jaco

Last edited by MrJ (2014-04-15 14:55:44)

Re: Another Multiple gallery issue [SOLVED]

Maybe I should try Without using Flash?? Will post back...

You can point towards a specific XML file using the galleryURL configuration option as a FlashVar Option within a gallery's embedding code.
For example, the embedding code for two different galleries might look something like this:

<script type="text/javascript" src="svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript">
    var flashvars1 = {};
    flashvars1.galleryURL = "/File1.xml";
    simpleviewer.ready(function () {
        simpleviewer.load("sv-container1", "100%", "100%", "222222", true, flashvars1);
    });
</script>
<div id="sv-container1"></div>

var flashvars2 = {};
    flashvars2.galleryURL = "/File2.xml";
        simpleviewer.load("sv-container2", "100%", "100%", "222222", true, flashvars2);
    });
</script>
<div id="sv-container2"></div>

(The leading slash in the paths above denotes your root directory.)
Alternatively, you could keep each gallery in its own folder, upload the complete gallery folders to your web server and embed your galleries using the baseURL method as documented here.
For example, if you had two gallery folders named 'gallery1' and 'gallery2' and you uploaded the complete gallery folders to your root directory, then you could embed them in your web page using the following embedding code:

<script type="text/javascript" src="/gallery1/svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>

var flashvars1 = {};
    flashvars1.baseURL = "/gallery1/";
    });
</script>

var flashvars2 = {};
    flashvars2.baseURL = "/gallery2/";
    });
</script>
Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Steven Speirs wrote:

You can point towards a specific XML file using the galleryURL configuration option as a FlashVar Option within a gallery's embedding code.
For example, the embedding code for two different galleries might look something like this:

<script type="text/javascript" src="svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>

var flashvars1 = {};
    flashvars1.galleryURL = "/File1.xml";
    });
</script>

var flashvars2 = {};
    flashvars2.galleryURL = "/File2.xml";
    });
</script>

(The leading slash in the paths above denotes your root directory.)
Alternatively, you could keep each gallery in its own folder, upload the complete gallery folders to your web server and embed your galleries using the baseURL method as documented here.
For example, if you had two gallery folders named 'gallery1' and 'gallery2' and you uploaded the complete gallery folders to your root directory, then you could embed them in your web page using the following embedding code:

<script type="text/javascript" src="/gallery1/svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>

var flashvars1 = {};
    flashvars1.baseURL = "/gallery1/";
    });
</script>

var flashvars2 = {};
    flashvars2.baseURL = "/gallery2/";
    });
</script>

Thank you very much Steve, works like a charm!!