Topic: Captions customisation removed on update

Hi there, since updating my simpleviewer pro wordpress plugin all the caption customisation for my galleries has disappeared.

Example here: http://www.eileen.keirwilliams.com/proj … -portrait/

My code was:

titleFontName="RALEWAY, Arial,_sans"
captionFontColor="#FFFFFF"
captionFontSize="15"
captionBackColor="000000"
captionPadding="1"
captionWidth="400"
captionHeight="50"
captionPosition="BOTTOM_OVERLAY"
captionFontName="RALEWAY, Arial,_sans"
imageNavStyle="CIRCLE"
floatCaption="TRUE"
captionTextAlignment="CENTER"
thumbNavColor="#C7C7C7"

This has changed all 20+ galleries. I need this fixed asap. Can I either down grade to the last version or can you explain how to find the xml file to change all the galleries in one go (they are all supposed to have the same settings). Thanks.

Re: Captions customisation removed on update

WP-SimpleViewer comes bundled with SimpleViewer-Standard (the free version) which does not support Pro configuration options. When you upgrade the plugin, it will use the latest version of SimpleViewer-Standard.
Upgrade your version of WP-SimpleViewer to SimpleViewer-Pro (by following the instructions here) and your galleries will use the Pro configuration options which are still stored in your gallery XML files.

The latest version of WP-SimpleViewer (v2.3.2.2) includes new functionality whereby a Pro 'svcore' folder will not be overwritten when the plugin is automatically updated so the next time you update the plugin, you will not need to manually upgrade to Pro.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Quick question where is the XML file held? Thanks for the quick reply really appreciate it the help. Great service and plugin as always. Keir

The XML files for galleries created by WP-SimpleViewer are stored in the 'wp-content/uploads/' directory.
However, these XML files store all settings required for each gallery (configuration options, embedding code options and plugin settings such as the source of images to be used in the gallery) and are not the actual XML files used by SimpleViewer when the galleries are displayed. When a gallery is displayed, WP-SimpleViewer dynamically generates an XML file using only certain settings (configuration options) from the relevant XML file in the 'wp-content/uploads/' directory and listing the images to be displayed in the gallery.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.