Topic: Ipad No large image till thumbnail pressed

Hi there if you look at http://www.eileen.keirwilliams.com/proj … ommission/ on an Ipad (or any of the pages with simpleviwer pro galleries you can see that all you get are the thumbnails loading at the top of the gallery untill one is pressed and it resolves itself to how it should look. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

The site is a wordpress site so I'm using the WP plugin.

Thanks.

Keir

Re: Ipad No large image till thumbnail pressed

What you are describing is the Mobile Player which is used to display the gallery on mobile devices and in browsers which do not have Adobe Flash Player installed and enabled.

Please see these FAQs for further details:
When I view my gallery I see a grid of thumbnails, not the layout I specified. Why?
The mobile player layout does not match the Flash player layout. Why not?

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

OK thanks.

Quick question. If I purchase Juice Box will I get the same looking galleries as using simpleviewer but it will be compatible with all browsers? Does it allow for pinch zoom function on ipad's etc that the simpleviewer doesn't? Thanks again for your swift replies most appreciated. Keir

If I purchase Juice Box will I get the same looking galleries as using simpleviewer but it will be compatible with all browsers?

Juicebox is an HTML 5 image viewer which does not use or rely on Adobe Flash Player at all (so there is no Flash Player vs Mobile Player).
How Juicebox displays a gallery is partially dependent on the device and/or screen size used to view the gallery.
For more information on Juicebox and Screen Modes, please see here.
You can override the Screen Mode used to display the gallery (so that the gallery looks the same on all devices and in all browsers) by setting the screenMode configuration option (Pro only) to either SMALL or LARGE (rather than the default value of AUTO).
However, it is not possible to override the Input Mode used (Mouse Mode vs Touch Mode).

Does it allow for pinch zoom function on ipad's etc that the simpleviewer doesn't?

If you are extremely careful and precise, it is possible to pinch-zoom within a Juicebox gallery (unless the viewport has been locked in the embedding web page) but as Juicebox uses touch gestures for gallery controls (such as swiping to navigate between images) gestures can interfere with one another and it can be difficult to pinch-zoom.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks for the detailed reply really appreciate it. Going to try the lite version then all going well will buy a 5 site licence. Thanks. Keir