Topic: blank page only on uploading and connected machines

I have a strange problem with simple viewer (and also juicebox):
Whenever I upload an gallery I can't access the page (i.e. I get a blank white screen) at all the machines which have internet connection through the same router where I uploaded the files. It doesent matter which browser or OS I use. Empty cache doesn't help as well.
The gallery though looks fine if I visit it through any other router.

Any ideas?

Re: blank page only on uploading and connected machines

Seeing a blank page where a gallery should be sounds like a JavaScript problem (for example if JavaScript was disabled in your browser of if your gallery was being viewed over a 3G connection rather than wi-fi).
Please see these FAQs:
When I view my gallery online, I see a blank area. Why?
Why can't I view my gallery on a 3G mobile connection?

The FAQs might not be 100% relevant to your own scenario but might point you in the right direction.

I would also check your firewall settings and any other security or anti-virus software you might have installed that may be interfering with the loading of your gallery web pages.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

I already checked the faq and followed all the hints there without success. The funny thing is, it's not a generell problem: I can see galleries that I created at an other place perfectly correct. So only the galleries that were created locally and uploaded then stay blank an all locally connected machines.
Because I see other galleries as they should be I don't believe it's a firewall problem.

Maybe another hint: If I check with browser developer tools I get the following notice:

b is undefined [name of gallery]:17
TypeError: simpleviewer.ready is not a function

b is undefined [name of gallery]:17
TypeError: simpleviewer.ready is not a function

This sounds like either:
(1) The 'simpleviewer.js' file is not being loaded in your web page. Maybe the path to the file is incorrect or the file is being blocked.
... or:
(2) You are using embedding code for the current version of SimpleViewer (v2.3.1) but the 'simpleviewer.js' file is from an older version of SimpleViewer. Check that the 'simpleviewer.js' file is v2.3.1 (the version number will be in the comments at the top of the file).

Please post the URL to your gallery so that I can take a look for myself and investigate further, although, from what you say in your most recent email (and knowing that the problem happens with Juicebox, too) it certainly seems to be that the 'simpleviewer.js' file (and 'juicebox.js' file) is not being loaded in your web page (#1 above).

Steven Speirs

This is the Juicebox gallery: http://tws.bidala.org/tws8/
(deleted the simple viewer version already)
But as I said it looks perfectly right watched from other places. So the path to simpleviewer.js has to be ok.

Maybe there  is some kind of strange caching going on at my router or internetprovider which gets things wrong during upload??

If you cannot see your Juicebox gallery then it certainly look like something, somewhere is blocking the 'juicebox.js' JavaScript file from being loaded (whether it is a caching problem, an incorrect path to the JavaScript file, JavaScript being disabled in your browser, a firewall blocking access to JavaScript files on certain domains/IP addresses, a security program blocking JavaScript files, the gallery being viewed over a 3G connection resulting in content modification on JavaScript files, or something else). The gallery itself is OK.
Check for all of these suggestions. One of them is likely to be the culprit.
You could also try using an absolute URL to define the path to your 'juicebox.js' file to see if this makes a difference.

Steven Speirs