Topic: SimpleViewer Pro svcore overwritten by 2.3.2.2 plugin update

I've read on another thread:

WP-SimpleViewer comes bundled with SimpleViewer-Standard (the free version) which does not support Pro configuration options. When you upgrade the plugin, it will use the latest version of SimpleViewer-Standard.
Upgrade your version of WP-SimpleViewer to SimpleViewer-Pro (by following the instructions here) and your galleries will use the Pro configuration options which are still stored in your gallery XML files.

The latest version of WP-SimpleViewer (v2.3.2.2) includes new functionality whereby a Pro 'svcore' folder will not be overwritten when the plugin is automatically updated so the next time you update the plugin, you will not need to manually upgrade to Pro.

I have tried thrice to install version 2.3.2.2 of the WP-SimpleViewer plugin, but upon installation, all my galleries revert to having the SimpleViewer logo in the bottom right corner, like the free version. Each time I have to restore the svcore from the Pro folder on my computer.

Is this "functionality" you speak of supposed to apply to future versions not inclusive of this one, or is it supposed to apply to this version as well?

Re: SimpleViewer Pro svcore overwritten by 2.3.2.2 plugin update

Is this "functionality" you speak of supposed to apply to future versions not inclusive of this one

Yes. This functionality (to retain the Pro 'score' folder) was introduced in WP-SimpleViewer v2.3.2.2 and will apply to future upgrades after v2.3.2.2.
Please note that this will work only when WP-SimpleViewer is upgraded via the Plugins page in the WordPress Dashboard.
If you were to manually upload an unzipped 'wp-simpleviewer.zip' file to your 'wp-content/plugins/' directory, then your Pro 'svcore' folder would still be overwritten.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.