Topic: Flickr image not found

I have simpleviewer running for a while now. Simpleviewer shows images from my flickr account onto my website but and suddenly I get the error Flickr image not found.

I did a small investigation but could not find anything. I also noticed that the flickr example on the simpleviewer website also shows the same issue.

http://www.simpleviewer.net/simpleviewe … s=showcase

anyone an idea how to solve this?

wkr,
Ive

Re: Flickr image not found

Flickr are currently experiencing a problem whereby Flickr API searches result in no images being returned.
They are aware of the problem and are currently working on fixing it.
Please see this Flickr forum thread for more information.

Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do until Flickr fix the problem although it looks like it may already be fixed.
The sample gallery you quoted looks OK to me just now and there is a report from a user in the Juicebox forum (in this thread) who was experiencing the same issue but has just posted back to say that everything is OK now.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

well I'm experiencing the same issue, in my case it looks like the gallery is only showing (very) recent tags, like the tags I made within a week, the other ones don't show up...
when I didn't uploaded pictures with the tag for the gallery i get the same message...

I hope this problem doesn't take too long yikes yikes

EDIT: I noticed rtha the search is only doing weird when setted too "recent" , when you search for "relevance" there is no problem. maybe It's a good idea to make an option in simpleviewer too sort the tags by relevance or by recent , (if the API is allowing that wink )

Last edited by Dennis_k. (2014-06-15 09:09:33)

@Dennis_k.

Unfortunately, this appears to be a current problem with Flickr.
I have found these threads in the Flickr help forum which describe the problem you report:
https://www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us … 166600944/
https://www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us … 168484422/

I have checked the issue with my own Flickr account and can see the problem myself.
The problem is certainly with Flickr (rather than with JuiceboxBuilder-Pro) as I have been able to load my own tagged images without having to set flickrSort="RELEVANCE" in the current version of JuiceboxBuidler-Pro (v1.4.1) up until I tried today.

Hopefully Flickr can resolve the problem soon.

Steven Speirs

yeahh flickr ... you are pissing me off, now I get the message "could not load from flickr", when I try to make a new album with SV builer with flickr images I get the same message ...

@Dennis_k.

We have recently updated SimpleViewer to handle the new Flick requirements and if you upgrade your galleries to the latest version of SimpleViewer (v2.3.2), your Flickr images should display once again. (Soon after the changeover on 27 June 2014, there was a delay whilst waiting for some updated Flickr files to propagate throughout their entire system but this should have resolved itself by now.)

Please see this SimpleViewer blog entry for further details.
Instructions on how to upgrade SimpleViewer can be found here.

If you continue to experience difficulties, please post the URL to your gallery so that I can take a look and help further.

Steven Speirs