Topic: HTTP 409 error on upload

Hello,

I recently upgraded to the newest version of SVManager and everything works fine except for the uploading of images. I can create a new gallery and also edit existing galleries but when I try to upload a image to a existing or new gallery, I get a warning triangle with the alt: HTTP Error.

I used Wireshark to check which HTTP error this would be, and it is a 409 Conflict error. Has anyone got any idea of what the problem can be here? I already asked the host of the website to check the permissions / firewalls of the server but this should be oké, also because the old version of svmanger did work...

Thanks in advace!

Re: HTTP 409 error on upload

It's rare to get a 409 error and you are the first to report a 409 error with the new svManager uploader. Pluploader is pretty widely used as a component of web software but Googling Plupload 409 error doesn't turn-up very much.

So...

Has your server host replied to your question?

Do you have any more information about the server response? You may be able to get the full server response from Wireshark or from the server transaction logs.

We may be able to force the uploader to use Flash instead of html5. That's not an ideal solution and might not work so let's see if we can get more information and get the uploader working properly. 

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Hi Jack,

I got a response of my host this morning and it is fixed now. They first did a reset on permissions on my folders but this didn't solve the problem, they 'whitelist' one or two actions and that did solve the problem. I asked what was the problem but they didn't say more than, we 'whitelisted' some actions.

But it is working now sow this Topic can be closed.

Thanks anyway!

Niek

OK – happy to hear it's fixed.

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.