Topic: Changing link button text [SOLVED]

I use the SimpleViewer Pro 2.3.1 in my lab to make galleries of programmatically-generated genome browser image shots. It works great!

When end users click on the link button (or right-click to bring up the contextual menu) and select "Open Image", the gallery opens up the genome browser in another tab/window with all the URL parameters set to match what are used to make the image. (I write the gallery XML out with a Perl script, which generates the URL with the right parameters.) This works fine, too.

My question is if there a way to customize the text of the link button label and right-click label, which both currently say: "Open Image in New Window"? I'd like to be able to make the label make more sense, to say something like "Open Genome Browser in New Window" or the like.

Thanks!
-Alex

Re: Changing link button text [SOLVED]

Yes. You can use the languageList configuration option to change the default text for the Open Image button (and right-click option). The languageList configuration option should be set as a flashvar in the gallery's embedding code.
Please see here for details.

Use something like the following:

<!--START SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED.-->
<script type="text/javascript" src="svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
    var flashvars = {};
    flashvars.languageList="Previous,Next,Start AutoPlay,Stop AutoPlay,Play Audio,Pause Audio,Go FullScreen,Exit FullScreen,Open Genome Browser in New Window,Download Image,About,AutoPlay ON,AutoPlay OFF";
    simpleviewer.ready(function () {
        simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "100%", "100%", "222222", true, flashvars);
    });
</script>
<div id="sv-container"></div>
<!-- END SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED -->
Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Re: Changing link button text [SOLVED]

Thank you — this worked perfectly!