Topic: SVbuilder Pro not working

Hello, after an update I can no longer get SVBuilder Pro to work properly. I have removed Adobe Air, re-installed, removed SVbuilder Pro and re-installed. I have transfered files to my site but it is now not working. The site is www.lensart.ca

If I open the index file on local computer it works fine but not when opened through firefox. Everything was working fine up til about a day or two when either Adobe Air or SVBuilder updated and now it's pretty much hooped. I cannot figure out what has gone wrong so that nothing works all of a sudden.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Re: SVbuilder Pro not working

It looks like the problem with your gallery is that your audioURL points to a location on your hard drive to which visitors to your website on the internet have no access.
Upload your .mp3 file to your web server and set your audioURL as either an absolute URL (in the form http://www.example.audio/track.mp3) or a relative URL (relative to the web page containing the gallery's embedding code).

Hopefully this will fix your problem.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

I'll give that a try when I get home from work today. I actually thought of that so I wasn't too far off. This however does not explain the program as of a day or two ago just stopped working. I suspect it was due to an update of Adobe Air that has caused all these problems. Before this, the program and site was working flawlessly. I do see as well many other new posts here with other people having these problems as well. We'll see and thanks again for the response!

This however does not explain the program as of a day or two ago just stopped working.

With regard to your svBuilder-Pro problem, ordinarily, none of the suggestions below should be necessary but, as you are experiencing difficulties, here is a fairly comprehensive list of things to check/try.

(1) Make sure that you are logged in with a User Account which has administrative rights. If necessary, create a new Administrator User Account and install Adobe AIR and svBuilder-Pro from within this new account. (Windows).

(2) Make sure that you are using the latest version of Adobe AIR (v14.0) which can be downloaded from here.

(3) Install Adobe AIR not just by double-clicking the 'AdobeAirInstaller.exe' installation file but by right-clicking it and selecting 'Run as administrator...'. (Windows)

(4) Uninstall any existing version of svBuilder-Pro:
Mac: Delete the 'svBuilder-Pro' file from the Applications folder and empty your Trash.
Windows: Use the uninstaller in the 'Control Panel -> Programs -> Uninstall a program...' list.

(5) Make sure that no files are left behind from any existing version (or failed install) by manually deleting the following folders from your hard drive:
Mac: /Users/your_username/Library/Application Support/Adobe/AIR/ELS/svBuilder-Pro
Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\svBuilder-Pro
Windows: C:\Users\your_username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\AIR\ELS\svBuilder-Pro
Windows: C:\Users\your_username\AppData\Roaming\svBuilder-Pro
Windows: C:\Users\your_username\My Documents\svBuilder-Pro
You may need to show hidden files to find some of the above locations in Windows Explorer.

(6) Search your hard drive for the term 'svBuilder-Pro' and delete any and all entries found (to be absolutely sure that nothing remains from a previous or failed install).

(7) Ensure that the 'svBuilder-Pro.air' installation file is on your Desktop or in a non-restricted folder on your hard drive (and not on an external or network drive).

(8) Disconnect/unmount all drives other than the main hard drive (including time machine backups). (Mac)

(9) Ensure that any security software that you may have installed is not interfering with the installation process.

(10) Install svBuilder-Pro following the 'Installation' instructions in the svBuilder-Pro User Guide.

If you still have difficulties, then please take a look at Adobe's own troubleshooting pages (for Windows or Mac) to see if they help.

Hopefully the tips above will help.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.