Topic: Flickr PhotoSet not found [SOLVED]

I recently found out that my gallery at http://www.yourweddingphotos.eu was showing: Flickr PhotoSet not found.

I have upgraded Simpleviewer to the latest version 2.3.2.2. placed the old svcore folder back, but it's still not working.

The set on Flickr is showing ok: https://www.flickr.com/photos/yourweddi … 546955703/

Any help?

Re: Flickr PhotoSet not found [SOLVED]

You have the current version of WP-SimpleViewer but the plugin is using SimpleViewer-Pro v2.3.0 (a version prior to the Flickr SSL API call fix being implemented).
You will need to download the latest version of SimpleViewer-Pro (v2.3.2) using the link from your purchase email (full instructions can be found here) and then replace the v2.3.0 'svcore' folder in your WP-SimpleViewer files with the v2.3.2 'svcore' folder from the SimpleViewer-Pro v2.3.2 download zip package ('simpleviewer_pro_2.3.2/web/svcore') following the Upgrading to SimpleViewer-Pro instructions.

As soon as you replace the 'svcore' folder, all your Flickr galleries created by WP-SimpleViewer will display once again.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team

Thanks! That worked for me!

worked for me to - wan't recognising my flikr user name prior

This is very strange - I had the same issue as the original poster, found this thread (after several years of not paying attention to it) and upgraded to 2.3.2. Now the galleries load on mobile and IE, with the thumbnails arranged in a grid - so, I assume IE defaults to loading the non-flash based version, while in Firefox or Chrome I am still getting "Flickr Photoset Not Found" error.
I checked that the new 2.3.2 sv files are being used - in FF, for example. When I rename, say, simpleviewer.js to something else, then FF does not load anything, when I rename it back, it shows the "Flickr Photoset Not Found" message again.
I am thinking of upgrading to Juicebox anyway, but just in case anyone has a suggestion, I'd appreciate it very much
Thanks!!
Peter

Last edited by skyredoubt (2017-02-24 20:30:34)

Now the galleries load on mobile and IE, with the thumbnails arranged in a grid - so, I assume IE defaults to loading the non-flash based version, while in Firefox or Chrome I am still getting "Flickr Photoset Not Found" error.

No. As long as Adobe Flash Player is installed and enabled in your browser and SimpleViewer's useFlash Embed Code Parameter is set to 'true' (by selecting the 'Use Flash' checkbox in svBuilder-Pro's 'Customize -> Embed' section), the gallery should be displayed by the Flash Player rather than the Mobile Player (in IE as well as Chrome, Firefox and other browsers).

Try checking your Adobe Flash Player installation by visiting this web page in your IE browser: https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html
You might find that uninstalling Adobe Flash Player and then reinstalling it will help.

Unfortunately, Flickr made a change (in September 2016) which has resulted in all Flash-based applications (not just SimpleViewer) being unable to display Flickr images. Please see this forum post for further information.

You could certainly force your galleries to be displayed by the Mobile Player on all devices and in all browsers (so that your Flickr images can still be displayed by SimpleViewer) but Juicebox would be a better option. Juicebox is an HTML 5 image viewer which does not use or rely on Adobe Flash at all. Also, Juicebox supports far more configuration options than the Mobile Player within SimpleViewer (which was designed as a fallback mechanism for non-Flash-enabled devices rather than a fully-featured image viewer itself).

To force your galleries to always use the Mobile Player, deselect the 'Use Flash' checkbox (in svBuilder-Pro's 'Customize -> Embed' section) or edit your gallery's embedding code and change the useFlash Embed Code Parameter from 'true' to 'false'.

Steven Speirs

Steven @ SimpleViewer wrote:

Unfortunately, Flickr made a change (in September 2016) which has resulted in all Flash-based applications (not just SimpleViewer) being unable to display Flickr images. Please see this forum post for further information.

That must be it, then! I'll be upgrading to Juicebox ASAP!
Thank, Steven, for all your great work and help

I'll be upgrading to Juicebox ASAP!

Don't forget, there's a 30% discount off the cost of Juicebox-Pro for existing SimpleViewer-Pro customers.
Please see this SimpleViewer blog entry for details.

Thank, Steven, for all your great work and help

You're welcome!

Steven Speirs