Topic: Still have Flickr problem ...

Since April I am building in Wordpress a website addressed
I am using standard SimpleViewer to display galleries with pictures. I had uploaded many pictures in Flickr already, so the opportunity to tag them in SimpleViewer was a simple and adequate solution.

Since yesterday I noticed I cannot display pictures through SimpleViewer anymore, clicking on a link (fe in the page )only the message 'Flickr User Not Found' appears. I read the API- thing and checked the version SimpleViewer that is installed in Wordpress as plugin:

What is going wrong? Hope you can help me.
Thanks in advance!

Last edited by eggrob (2014-06-29 16:50:16)

Re: Still have Flickr problem ...

The current version of WP-SimpleViewer (v2.3.2.2) comes bundled with SimpleViewer-Standard v2.3.1 (prior to the Flickr fix).
(Versions numbers became out of sync with each other a while ago but this will be rectified with the next release where the first three digits of the WP-SimpleViewer version number will reflect the version of SimpleViewer-Standard which it comes bundled with.)

SimpleViewer itself has already been updated (to address the Flickr API change) and WP-SimpleViewer will be updated very soon.

In the meantime, you can update WP-SimpleViewer manually by doing the following:
(1) Download SimpleViewer-Standard v2.3.2 from the link on this web page.
(2) Replace the 'svcore' folder in WP-SimpleViewer ('wp-content/plugins/wp-simpleviewer/svcore/') with the 'svcore' folder from the SimpleViewer-Standard download zip package from Step #1 above ('simpleviewer_2.3.2/web/svcore/').

As soon as you replace the 'svcore' folder, all your Flickr galleries created by WP-SimpleViewer will display once again.

If you are a SimpleViewer-Pro user, then please download SimpleViewer-Pro v2.3.2 using the link from your original purchase email and use the 'svcore' folder from this package in the replacement procedure.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thank you Steven for the quick response.

I managed to download the Simple Viewer files.  smile

I took a look in the WP dashboard at my site and could open the Wp-simpleviewer and see at the rightside a number of files. Found the "wp-simpleviewer/svcore/full.html". Clicking on it I see:

and a lot more ....

At the right side some more clickable files, two js and one css.

No svcore folder that contents 'everything'.

Wel you notice, this is thin ice for me, I should not walk on it I am afraid.  hmm

Because I am in the building phase, and have plenty other things to take care of at the site, I better wait for the update of the WP-SimpleViewer.

When do you expect (about), the update is ready?

Rob van Leeuwen

You cannot replace an entire folder within the WordPress Dashboard.
Log into your web space using an FTP program such as Filezilla, navigate to your 'wp-content/plugins/wp-simpleviewer/' directory and delete the entire 'svcore' folder inside it.
Now upload the new 'svcore' folder from the SimpleViewer-Standard download package (the entire 'svcore' folder, not just the contents) into your 'wp-content/plugins/wp-simpleviewer/' directory.

When do you expect (about), the update is ready?

Hopefully it should just be a day or two away but swapping the 'svcore' folder as above will work fine and should save you having to wait until it is released.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.