Topic: TiltViewer Gallery with Flickr

Hi everybody,

My TiltViewer Gallery with Flickr stopped working. I think it only happened in the last few days.
I've noticed the NEWS Update regarding SimpleViewer Flickr Galleries posted on June 27th, 2014. As a corollary to this, I thought there might be an update for the TiltViewer that you'd need to install, but after checking the files in the tiltviewer.zip, they seem to be the same as before.
Is there an update coming up for TiltViewer, or what could be the reason that it stopped working? When I say this, I refer to photos from Flickr not showing up in the web gallery.

http://www.networknorthtipp.ie/gallery.php

Thanks,
Camelia

Last edited by nnt (2014-06-30 15:47:34)

Re: TiltViewer Gallery with Flickr

It is the same issue which affected SimpleViewer that is affecting TiltViewer.
Please see this Flickr web page for more details.

The developers are aware of this issue with TiltViewer and I would expect an update to be released soon.
I have contacted the developers and as soon as I have any more news regarding an update, I will post back in this thread.
Thank you for your patience.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

My Tiltviewer ( http://www.deviemusic.com/viewing/ ) has stopped working also for no known reason, so I'm guessing (??) it is the Flickr change. Is Waiting for a Tiltviewer update the only thing that can be done? If so, will you let us know when the Tiltviewer update is available?

In general, is there any way for me to be automatically notified when there are future updates for Tiltviewer & SimpleViewer Pro, to avoid downtime for the galleries?

Thank you for your help!

so I'm guessing (??) it is the Flickr change

That is correct.

Is Waiting for a Tiltviewer update the only thing that can be done?

Yes. Unfortunately, there is no way to implement the required fix manually. (The code that needs to be changed is within the compiled 'TiltViewer.swf' file.)

If so, will you let us know when the Tiltviewer update is available?

Yes. I will certainly post back in this thread with any further information as soon as I receive any.

In general, is there any way for me to be automatically notified when there are future updates for Tiltviewer & SimpleViewer Pro, to avoid downtime for the galleries?

You can follow us on Twitter @simpleviewer or subscribe to our RSS feed for updates.

Steven Speirs

Thank you Steven!
It would be nice for people if there was an email-option, in general, for receiving notice of all future updates on SimpleViewer Pro and Tiltviewer. This would support the overall functionality of these programs.

Thanks, Steven.

Hello - any news on when the Tiltviewer might be updated for the Flickr changes? My public tiltviewer on my website is still broken.

Thank you!

Unfortunately, I do not have any news at the moment but I have contacted the developers again and hope to hear back from them soon. I will post back in this forum thread as soon as I have any further information.
Thank you for your patience.

Steven Speirs

Please fix! sad

Thanks.

It's been quite awhile since our Tiltviewers have been broken... Any word on when there will be a fix since we need an update to fix?
(Naturally it does not look very good for the company...)
Thank you very much for your help.

Unfortunately, I still have no solid news as to when TiltViewer will be updated.
We do plan to update TiltViewer in the near future but I am afraid I have no definite time-frame to give you.

Steven Speirs

It's been a month and a half since our Tiltviewers have been broken.... Checking in again.... Any idea when they will be resurrected?

Thank you.

I still have no news as to when a new version of TiltViewer might be released.
I realise that this does not directly answer your question but I thought that I should at least acknowledge your last post rather than wait for some news before posting back.
I am hopeful that it will be sooner than later but, unfortunately, I do not have a date to give you at this moment.

Steven Speirs

Thanks for the reply.

Still hoping for a fix of Tiltivewer with Flickr!

Me, too! Still no news. Sorry.
I have contacted the developers again and will post back as soon as I have any news at all regarding an updated version of TiltViewer.
Thank you for being so patient.

Steven Speirs

Thanks for your communication. Still hoping for a fix! I'm sure I'm not the only the with a broken Tiltviewer. I am still assuming that it is worth the wait rather than finding a different way to display my images since you've led me to believe it WILL be fixed... Any idea when??? It's been a long time! Unfortunately not very good PR for the company to have it be broken this long.

Thank you.

I have sent another email to the developers but at the moment I still have no news on when a new version of TiltViewer might be released. (On the plus side, I have had no indication that TiltViewer will not be updated so there is still hope of a new version.)

Steven Speirs

Hello! Thank you for your communication and help. It has been many moons and Tiltviewer still not working with Flickr! I'm sure I'm not the only one with a broken Tiltviewer! When will this be remedied?

Thanks for your help.

@dvm1

Please check your email. We have sent you a message.
Thank you.

Steven Speirs

Hello Steven,

is there any news concerning the fix?

Thanx

Still no news, I'm afraid.
I've sent another email to the developers, though, and I'll post back in this thread with any information I have, as and when I get it.

Steven Speirs

not sure what happened but i don't think i got notifications of the last two posts on this thread. so this is just a post so that i can choose "stay subscribed to this topic." apologies if there was a way to ensure notifcations without making another post.

Any way we can get Tiltviewer back and functioning with a Flickr gallery?? It was nice!

Unfortunately not. Flickr's recent change to their 'crossdomain.xml' file means that no Flash applications (TiltViewer, SimpleViewer or otherwise) are currently able to fetch Flickr images via the Flickr API so even if TiltViewer was updated to handle the change Flickr made a while ago (regarding the https:// endpoints), there is nothing that can be done to currently allow TiltViewer (or any other Flash gallery) to display Flickr images. It does not look like Flickr are likely to reverse the change they have made.

Please see these forum threads for more information:
https://www.simpleviewer.net/forum/view … p?id=18944
https://www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us … 994865581/

(dvm1, I realise that you have already seen these threads yourself but they might point other users towards this additional information.)

Anyone interested in an alternative HTML 5 image gallery (which can still load and display images from Flickr) might like to take a look at Juicebox.

Steven Speirs