Topic: Pointing to a specific image on SV gallery

Hi everybody.

I have a single SV gallery embedded into a website.

Before you go into the gallery, you have a set of thumbs showing different images, which are potential links to my SV gallery (these are not the thumbs generated by Simpleviewer, I've configured my SV gallery so that it doesn't show any thumbs). What I want to accomplish is to be able to click on one of those thumbs and go to that specific image within my one gallery. Is that at all possible?

The only workaround I can think of is to generate n number of galleries, one for each thumbnail, beginning with the corresponding image. But they would all have the same images, which is of course extra work, and an unnecessary load on my server, etc., so I was hoping someone could suggest a better alternative.

Or maybe it's possible to have a single folder with the exact same images and generate a different index file for each thumb pointing at the image in question... I would really appreciate any help on this.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Pointing to a specific image on SV gallery

It is possible to assign each image in your gallery a unique URL so that you can have just a single gallery and have links pointing to different images within the gallery.
Please see the Direct Linking and Back Button Support section of the SimpleViewer-Pro API support page for details.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Hi Steven, thank you for your answer. I hadn't been able to try this until today, so I'm sorry for picking this up after a while.

I tried using the code you suggested to someone else in a different post: … p?id=16152, as well as the one in the online example you pointed me to, but to no avail.

Here you can see what I've done:

The section "proyectos" is working fine: each button points to a different gallery which loads onto a single AP Div. It's "imágenes" I'm having trouble with. I have is a single gallery loaded (I just linked the first 2 thumbnails to it, just to try it out), but I can't get each one to point to the specific image they represent.

I'm at a loss here and would very much appreciate your help. Thanks again.

Sorry. I have just realised that you are using SimpleViewer-Standard (the free version).
However, the SimpleViewer-Pro API is available only to SimpleViewer-Pro users and the direct linking functionality is not available in SimpleViewer-Standard.
Apologies for any inconvenience caused. I hope this clarifies things.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.