Topic: Combining Text With Gallery

Hello,

I'm a website editor for a film school. I've been working recently on a large gallery of the school's alumni featuring portraits and CV for every graduate the school had.

Is there a way for me to use SimpleViewer Pro to show a large amount of text with the pictures presented, or to have the text in the HTML page change when clicking on a thumbnail in the SimpleViewer Pro to present the main image?

Thanks.

Re: Combining Text With Gallery

Is there a way for me to use SimpleViewer Pro to show a large amount of text with the pictures presented

There is technically no limit to the amount of text you can display for each image (although real-world constraints such as the size of the user's browser window will effectively provide a realistic upper limit).
If necessary, you could increase the captionHeight (in svBuilder-Pro's 'Customize -> Caption' section) to accommodate larger captions.
You could also choose to display your captions in an area other than the default position below the thumbnails using the captionPosition configuration option.
For possible values of captionPosition, please see its description in the Caption Options section of the Config Options page.

or to have the text in the HTML page change when clicking on a thumbnail in the SimpleViewer Pro to present the main image

This can allow a SimpleViewer-Pro gallery to interact with the embedding page using the SimpleViewer-Pro API. You could run custom JavaScript code (for example to display text in a container outside the gallery on your web page) when svImageChange is fired (each time a new image is displayed). You could use the getImageIndex() method to determine what image is currently being displayed (to know when text to display in your container). Take a look at the online demo. You can view the source of the web page in your browser and copy or adapt the code to suit your own needs.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.