Topic: Simpleviewer not working and cant be installed/ uninstalled [SOLVED]

We use the Pro version.

We have recently moved our web hosting and since we have Simpleviewer has ceased to work on our site. The plugin does not appear in the list of plugins and it will not allow me to install it/ deactivate.

We have tried to remove it via FTP but it still will not allow a reinstall. As it isnt in the list of plugins any more I cant remove it and add it again. My site relies on Simpleviewer and I need to get it back ASAP!

Simon

Re: Simpleviewer not working and cant be installed/ uninstalled [SOLVED]

It just says plugin file does not exist, and I've tried it through ftp and it wont show in the dashboard

I get this:

Destination folder already exists

Plugin install failed.

The plugin does not appear in the list of plugins and it will not allow me to install it/ deactivate.

The plugin should appear in the list of plugins only if the 'wp-simpleviewer' folder is inside your plugins directory and the 'wp-simpleviewer.php' file is inside the 'wp-simpleviewer' folder.
I would try deleting the entire 'wp-simpleviewer' folder (either via FTP or your web hosting CPanel's File Manager).
I would then download a fresh copy of the latest version of WP-SimpleViewer (v2.3.2.3) from this web page and then install it (either manually by uploading the extracted 'wp-simpleviewer' folder to your plugins directory or via the WordPress 'Dashboard -> Plugins -> Add New -> Upload' functionality).

It just says plugin file does not exist

Please make sure that you are using the 'wp-simpleviewer.zip' file (the WordPress plugin zip file) and not the SimpleViewer-Standard or SimpleViewer-Pro zip package.

I get this:

Destination folder already exists

If you see this message whilst trying to install the plugin, then please double-check (via FTP or your web hosting CPanel's File Manager) that the 'wp-simpleviewer' folder does not already exist in your plugins directory. (WordPress seems to think that it does exist so it is certainly worth checking into further.)

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

All sorted. Many thanks for your help.