Topic: WP simpleviewer: galeries not loading: Flickr User not found [SOLVED]

Hello,

I have the same problem as others with my simpleviewer pluggin. I use Flickr to fetch the images on my website. I have created about 50 galeries.

Since a few days my galeries are not loading and I get the “Cannot find Flickr user” message.
I tried upgrading the simpleviewer version from the wp pluging panel. I have now running V 2.3.2.2

Then I downloaded the fix: wp-simpleviewer-v1 using your link.
And uploaded it manually via my FTP to the wp plugin directory.

I received the file already exist message but I chose “replace”.
I then activate the wp-simpleviewer V1 from the wp pluging panel.

But it doesn’t work, my galeries are still not loading.

What to do?
Please help.

Thank you

Re: WP simpleviewer: galeries not loading: Flickr User not found [SOLVED]

Then I downloaded the fix: wp-simpleviewer-v1 using your link.

The WP-SimpleViewer v1 file is not the fix for the Flickr problem (it is just an old and now unsupported version of WP-SimpleViewer which comes bundled with a old version of SimpleViewer).

If you were previously using WP-SimpleViewer v2.x.x.x, I would recommend reinstalling the current version of WP-SimpleViewer (v2.3.2.3).
If necessary, remove the 'wp-simpleviewer' folder from your 'wp-content/plugins/' directory manually via FTP first and then install WP-SimpleViewer v2.3.2.3 from scratch.
WP-SimpleViewer v2.3.2.3 can be downloaded from this web page. (At this point in time, the WordPress repository has not yet been updated and still serves v2.3.2.2 so please download the latest version of the plugin from our own web site.)

If you are not a SimpleViewer-Pro user, then that is all you need to do. The new version of SimpleViewer-Standard (v2.3.2) with the fix for the Flickr problem is incorporated within WP-SimpleViewer v2.3.2.3.

If you are a SimpleViewer-Pro, then you will need to update WP-SimpleViewer to use your Pro 'svcore' folder by following the instructions here (using the 'simpleviewer_pro_2.3.2/web/svcore' folder from the SimpleViewer-Pro v2.3.2 download zip package).

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

I will try re-installing the plugin from scratch.
One question though: will this erase all my existing galleries?

Ok, I re-installed the plugin from scratch and everything is back to normal on my website now.

Perfect.

Thanks for the support Steven.

I'm glad everything is working. Thank you for letting me know.
In answer to your earlier question, re-installing the plugin will not delete any of your galleries.
No custom data is stored in the plugin directory (all the XML files for the gallery are stored in the 'wp-content/uploads/' directory) so deleting the plugin will not delete any of your galleries.
The only way to delete your galleries (other than by deleting all the XML files manually via FTP) is by clicking 'Delete All Data' on the plugin's 'Manage Galleries' page (in the WordPress Dashboard).

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.