Topic: updated to new SVPro to resolve flickr issue but now it can't find XML

I am trying to reestablish a link to my flickr.

raymondkyeung.com/photo

the one that says xml not found is the flickr gallery. While in SVBuilderPro all images and flick info loads properly, this is baffling, what am I missing?

The new embed seems to be missing two lines

lines that was included in the embed before 2.3.2
var flashvarsX = {};
flashvarsX.baseURL = "(folder name)/";

new embed:
<!--START SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED.-->
<script type="text/javascript" src="(my flickr folder name)/svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
simpleviewer.ready(function () {
simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "100%", "100%", "FFFFFF", false, null, null, null, false);
});
</script>
<div id="sv-container"></div>
<!-- END SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED -->

however, if I go directly to the embed material folder, everything works

http://raymondkyeung.com/photo/flickr/

Last edited by ryeung29 (2014-07-09 15:32:34)

Re: updated to new SVPro to resolve flickr issue but now it can't find XML

On your actual Flickr gallery page, the gallery's own 'index.html' page loads SimpleViewer-Pro  v2.3.2 (and your images display OK).
However, on your embedding page (the page with many galleries), you load SimpleViewer-Pro v2.3.0.

Update the version of SimpleViewer-Pro on your embedding page (to v2.3.2) and all should be well.

Also, you load the 'simpleviewer.js' (v2.3.0) file on your embedding page many times. It is necessary to load the file only once per page (not once per gallery).

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

OK thank you, I can see and understand the 'not having to reload gallery' multiple times part, but what distinct 2.3.0 from 2.3.2?

Do I need to update the svcore folders with the current version? is that what you mean by updating? Actual files? or is it just a code upgrade?

thank you very much!

Flickr have recently made a change (a new requirement for applications which use the Flickr API such as SimpleViewer) and we have updated SimpleViewer to handle this change. This essentially means that in order to use Flickr as a source of images, you will need to use SimpleViewer v2.3.2 (earlier versions will no longer work).
Please see this SimpleViewer blog entry for more details.

All you need to do is replace the 'svcore' folders on your web server with the 'svcore' folder from the SimpleViewer-Pro v2.3.2 download zip package ('simpleviewer_pro_2.3.2/web/svcore/').
As soon as you replace the 'svcore' folders in your existing galleries, your Flickr images will display once again.
Full instructions on how to download the latest version of SimpleViewer-Pro and how to update existing galleries can be found on the Upgrading SimpleViewer-Pro support page.

Steven Speirs

wow I figured it out.

The example's code is totally unique and different from the 2.3.2 export!

simpleviewer.load(

example
                $(document).ready(function () {
        SV.simpleviewer.load

thank you.

Last edited by ryeung29 (2014-07-10 01:29:37)

I'm glad that you have got it working.
Thank you for posting back to let me know.

Just to clarify the issue with the embedding code that you noted, we simplified the syntax of the embedding code a few versions ago. We changed:

$(document).ready(function () {
    SV.simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "100%", "100%", "222222", true);
});

... to:

simpleviewer.load(("sv-container", "100%", "100%", "222222", true);
});

However, new versions of SimpleViewer (since the change) are fully backwards compatible with the old style of code and there is no need to change the embedding code when you upgrade a SimpleViewer gallery by swapping over the 'svcore' folder (i.e. the old-style embedding code can be used with all versions of SimpleViewer).

Steven Speirs