Topic: Wordpress move - Gallery XML Not Found [SOLVED]

Hi there, I've recently moved my wordpress site to a new URL (on the same server). Everything is fine except that I get "Gallery XML not found" for all my simpleviewer galleries.

For example: http://eileenhogan.co.uk/project/littlesparta/

The galleries appear in the 'manage galleries section' but not in the posts. I've tried to look for a solution in your forums but haven't been able to find an answer. I'd appreciate some help. Thanks

Re: Wordpress move - Gallery XML Not Found [SOLVED]

The problem is that WP-SimpleViewer is looking for the SimpleViewer XML files are on the www.eileen.keirwilliams.com domain but you are now trying to load the galleries on the eileenhogan.co.uk domain.
All gallery files need to be hosted on the same domain or subdomain due to the same-origin policy.

WP-SimpleViewer uses the WordPress plugins_url function to determine the path to the plugin folder and this is still returning www.eileen.keirwilliams.com (instead of eileenhogan.co.uk).
It sounds like you might need to change the WordPress Address (URL) and the Site Address (URL) in the 'Dashboard -> Settings -> General' section.

Hopefully this will help.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks. The problem was I had the new site address set in the wp-config.php file which made it appear that it was set in the dashboard. However once I removed the two line in the config file it showed that it was using eileen.keirwillilams.com.

Unfortunatly the images don't appear just the boxes around the thumbnails and a progress bar: see http://eileenhogan.co.uk/project/littlesparta/

I'd appreciate you further help and thanks for all the help so far it's really appreciated.

Last edited by keirwlliams (2014-07-09 21:38:45)

The problem now seems to be that the paths to the images in the dynamically-generated XML file look like this:
http://i1.wp.com/eileenhogan.co.uk/wp-c … =534%2C715
The root of the problem is that the images are being loaded from a different domain (i1.wp.com) to the page containing the gallery.
Please see this FAQ for more information on this scenario:
When loading images from a different domain, the images don't load or I see a 'Security Sandbox Violation' error. How do I fix this?

WP-SimpleViewer uses built-in WordPress routines to fetch the paths to the media library images so it looks like you may need to dig a little deeper within your WordPress settings to ensure that WordPress knows your media library images should be accessed via eileenhogan.co.uk.

Double-check the current entries for the WordPress Address (URL) and the Site Address (URL) in the 'Dashboard -> Settings -> General' section and if you are using any caching plugin (such as Jetpack -> Photon), try disabling it (so that the images are loaded from the correct domain)

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thank you so much for taking the time. It was the photon plugin that was getting it! Can't thank you enough for going above and beyond. 100% will recommend you guys.