Topic: Flickr User Not Found

I had the same problem, and I followed your instructions about re-installing 2.3.2.3 from scratch, but my galleries are still saying "Flicker User Not Found"

Any other suggestions?

[Thread moved to its own topic.]

Re: Flickr User Not Found

Please double-check that the version of SimpleViewer within your WP-SimpleViewer installation is v2.3.2.
Open your 'wp-content/plugins/wp-simpleviewer/svcore/js/simpleviewer.js' file in a plain text editor and check the comments at the top of the file to find the version number.
If you are already using SimpleViewer v2.3.2 and the problem persists, then please post the URL to your gallery so that I can take a look and help further.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Actually, when I attempted to fix my site again this morning, I decided to create a new gallery, and it started working again! (By the way, I did make sure that I am using SimpleViewer v2.3.2, so that was not the issue) But if I do try and use an old gallery, I the same "Flicker User Not Found" error. Also... I did notice that the save function when you try to edit a gallery doesn't seem to work. I have had to create a new gallery every time I want to make an adjustment. Is this just a glitch on my browser or is anyone else having the same problem?

Thanks for your quick response and help!

Last edited by sushiigirl (2014-07-26 17:46:47)

Actually, when I attempted to fix my site again this morning, I decided to create a new gallery, and it started working again!

I'm glad your new gallery is working as expected.

But if I do try and use an old gallery, I the same "Flicker User Not Found" error.

If you would like me to investigate this further, please post the URL of such a gallery so that I can see the problem for myself.

Also... I did notice that the save function when you try to edit a gallery doesn't seem to work.

This is a known bug which affects only WebKit browsers (Chrome, Opera and Safari). The problem does not affect Firefox or Internet Explorer.
It will be fixed in the next version but, in the meantime, a quick and easy fix is to open the 'wp-simpleviewer/js/edit.js' file in a plain text editor and remove lines 9, 10 and 11:

jQuery('input', '#sv-edit-action, #sv-set-action').click(function() {
    jQuery('input', jQuery(this).parent()).prop('disabled', true);
});

This will not affect the functionality of WP-SimpleViewer.

Steven Speirs

WP-SimpleViewer v2.3.2.4 has now been released with a fix for the bug mentioned above (the inability to edit galleries using WebKit browsers).
It can be downloaded from the plugin's own support page here.

Steven Speirs