Topic: resizing photos in xml gallery for iphone doesn't work [SOLVED]

I installed latest version of simpleviewer standard. 2.3.2.3.
installed wptouch mobile plugin version 3.4.4 (option allow zooming on content is not available anymore in latest version?)
my theme is modularity from graph paperpress latest version

Problem:
i can't resize or go through the photos of my website, made with simpleviewer galleries..
Of all 16 xml.galleries i can see the overview of the photos but when clicking on one of the photos they are presented too big and I can't go to left/right or to the next photo. This is for an iphone (other phones i can't check) so this means people can't see my work!

www.anjasijben.com

who can help me with this or recognizes the problem?

Re: resizing photos in xml gallery for iphone doesn't work [SOLVED]

installed wptouch mobile plugin version 3.4.4 (option allow zooming on content is not available anymore in latest version?)

I am not familiar with this plugin but if zooming is a traditional pinch-zoom gesture then this may be conflicting with SimpleViewer's own swipe gestures for navigating between images in a gallery.

i can't resize or go through the photos of my website, made with simpleviewer galleries..

The problem is likely to be that you have given your gallery a fixed width of 800px. When using a fixed pixel value, this will be the width of the gallery on all devices and in all browsers.
Instead, try setting your gallery's width to 100%. This will allow the gallery to span the width of its parent container (which will change, due to the theme, depending on the device or browser used to view the gallery) no matter what its size.
Hopefully this will solve your problem.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Hi Steven,

Thks for your answer! I tried resizing the galleries to 100% before, but after saving they automatically go back to their preset figures. also different fixed sizes doesn't stay after saving. Not all galleries are the same sizes and i can't change the sizes..

I deactivated the wptouch plugin and now i can see my website on my iphone as a website with all photos. But of course this is not a nice mobile view. so the problem probably is the combination of the simpleviewer and the wptouch plugin.

Which plugin for mobile devices do you recommend in combination with simpleviewer plugin? So i can see my photos nicely on my phone and of course all other phone users as well!

would be great if there is a solution!

I tried resizing the galleries to 100% before, but after saving they automatically go back to their preset figures. also different fixed sizes doesn't stay after saving.

Unfortunately, there is a known bug whereby changes to a gallery cannot be saved when using WebKit browsers (Chrome, Opera and Safari).
This bug will be fixed in the next version of WP-SimpleViewer but, in the meantime, either:
(1) Use Firefox or Internet Explorer when editing a gallery.
... or:
(2) Open the 'wp-simpleviewer/js/edit.js' file in a plain text editor and remove lines 9, 10 and 11:

jQuery('input', '#sv-edit-action, #sv-set-action').click(function() {
    jQuery('input', jQuery(this).parent()).prop('disabled', true);
});

This will not affect the functionality of WP-SimpleViewer.

Either of the above workarounds will allow you to save changes to a gallery and changing your gallery's width to 100% should hopefully solve your problem.

Steven Speirs

Hi Steven,

I did use firefox and this time the gallery changes work!
Only the with = 100%. when also height = 100% only small thumbnails are visible.

Thks a lot! i activated the wptouch mobile plugin again and now i can see my website in the mobile version on my phone!

Thks you made me happy today!

WP-SimpleViewer v2.3.2.4 has now been released with a fix for the bug mentioned above (the inability to edit galleries using WebKit browsers).
It can be downloaded from the plugin's own support page here.

Steven Speirs